Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

90 yards, in a tree, and deer blowing? That seems odd regardless of wind. Maybe she caught you moving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s possible she was blowing at something else. But no never looked at me once. As high as I am and with the thermals it’s totally possible. Maybe it was more like 70, but still.

The 2 separate doe groups didn’t seem to like each other, so maybe blowing at the other doe but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. The does dawn did look like she wanted to play with the other kids but mom wasn’t having it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Blind 6'x4'? So triple twelves every 16"?

This is how it’s done ! Stucco sides ,tin roof ,swing down windows bolted  to a trailer .

C500D7F0-3C1F-4183-9280-111798D9BA7E.jpeg

5A39241A-B49D-4A7B-A721-966F299D00F7.jpeg

3CBBBC88-3EF0-496C-A506-00D160690CB3.jpeg

• Like 5

Live from the road! I am not hunting at all this year, but living it through you guys. Too much going on in our family and I decided to spend the fall with the wife, kids and grandkids. Riding through PA this week enjoying the fall colors. 48a07a63e9c612bbb8bbbc5e81ff7b1b.jpg

8f18e235b003585c6797e6a6c6c052fd.jpg

• Like 25

19 minutes ago, Don_C said:

Live from the road! I am not hunting at all this year, but living it through you guys. Too much going on in our family and I decided to spend the fall with the wife, kids and grandkids. Riding through PA this week enjoying the fall colors. 48a07a63e9c612bbb8bbbc5e81ff7b1b.jpg

8f18e235b003585c6797e6a6c6c052fd.jpg

Where in PA are you Don?

1 minute ago, Don_C said:

The plan is to ride to Lock Haven then up through Susquahannock forest tomorrow, down to Williamsport, up to Mansfield, then to Coudersport. Back home to Hamburg on Wednesday.

From Mansfield you'll be heading through Wellsboro I hope?  My wife and I were just there two weekends ago, celebrating our 30th anniversary.  We enjoy it there quite a bit.  Have fun!

• Like 1

Just now, Don_C said:

Yep. We rode through here a couple of weeks ago on our way back from Ocean City Bike week. Such a great ride we just had to do it during the peak colors.

Hard to find any prettier country......

• Like 3

Oh man, last night was a tough one.

Wife wasn’t going to be home and had a bit of a drive with the kid for an event. Hunting partner had scout meeting. Left me with no real things to do but hunt. Work kept me late so I shot out to an easy to get to stand for the last 90 minutes. Close to a house owned my by hunting partner’s family. It’s getting gutted and renovated. Anyhow, I’m relaxing and watching deer out about 250 yards with the Binos. One good buck and 6-7 doe.

I stand up and look back toward a road. See not one but two clear shooters come across the road and on my side heading my way through the brush. Maybe 20 yards into the brush from road. Pumped because I know how that path plays out.They’re 90ishyards away.

Out of nowhere this truck and trailer drives by, slows down, and backs into a nearby driveway on a neighbor. Deer spook and go back across the road! Couldn’t freaking believe it. Truck is simply turning around obviously missing a turn or something.

Turns out - they pull into the driveway of my partner’s family house. They’re there to pick up a bar table they bought off Marketplace.

Dark came and I got down, walked out and my partner’s father asked if I saw anything. I said No because he isn’t a hunter and I wasn’t in the mood the talk about the bad luck. 

The two yahoos lifting the bar table onto their trailer go - You should have seen the giants that were right around the corner! They were right along the road! They ran back across it.

Such is life. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Don_C said:

The plan is to ride to Lock Haven then up through Susquahannock forest tomorrow, down to Williamsport, up to Mansfield, then to Coudersport. Back home to Hamburg on Wednesday.

My wide and I just got back from 4 days at Parker Dam, we rode all over that same area. It's beautiful this time if year and the roads are great twisty turney! If you can,  take Quehanna Hwy(spelling) from Medix to Wycoff Run to Sinimohoning(again spelling)It's a great ride. Benezette Hotel for lunch. Enjoy!

Still hanging around. Haven’t picked him up on my other cam. I believe that cam had a few dropping acorns and photos are dwindling there making me think the food source is drying up or the bedding spot is getting wetter. He is still showing up at this field edge scrape 4-5x per week in the dark.

Only seen him once last year around this time. He bailed last year from mid-late October to nearly Christmas time. Curious what happens this time and if we can find him before then.

And thanks, spider web, for the glare.

73B8C98E-AAB4-4A20-BCE9-5768E4E83D96.jpeg

4104DFE9-5794-401D-B2A8-3DEA67F8BF12.jpeg

30BFA2A3-6C1D-4429-B0FC-5325DF46AEB0.jpeg

FAEBC853-6085-459C-A392-2F4661CE4BF4.jpeg

B8DBDC09-C9D5-45F4-BA24-BA93A01A0D15.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 13

10 hours ago, Nomad said:

This is how it’s done ! Stucco sides ,tin roof ,swing down windows bolted  to a trailer .

C500D7F0-3C1F-4183-9280-111798D9BA7E.jpeg

5A39241A-B49D-4A7B-A721-966F299D00F7.jpeg

3CBBBC88-3EF0-496C-A506-00D160690CB3.jpeg

I've never been a big "hut" guy. Something about my dad and uncles instilling in me at a young age that deer hunting must be physically punishing or something lol. 

But man there are some days during gun that I'd really love one of those.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

I've never been a big "hut" guy. Something about my dad and uncles instilling in me at a young age that deer hunting must be physically punishing or something lol. 

They’re nice ( I have two ) but I a seldom use them ,mostly with my daughter as she gets cold . It also allows me to watch , as she isn’t always focused on the land , more the phone . I share that one with the guy behind the land as well .

Good luck today fellas ,I’m running errands and going to a park with the Mrs 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, phade said:

Still hanging around. Haven’t picked him up on my other cam. I believe that cam had a few dropping acorns and photos are dwindling there making me think the food source is drying up or the bedding spot is getting wetter. He is still showing up at this field edge scrape 4-5x per week in the dark.

Only seen him once last year around this time. He bailed last year from mid-late October to nearly Christmas time. Curious what happens this time and if we can find him before then.

And thanks, spider web, for the glare.

73B8C98E-AAB4-4A20-BCE9-5768E4E83D96.jpeg

4104DFE9-5794-401D-B2A8-3DEA67F8BF12.jpeg

30BFA2A3-6C1D-4429-B0FC-5325DF46AEB0.jpeg

FAEBC853-6085-459C-A392-2F4661CE4BF4.jpeg

B8DBDC09-C9D5-45F4-BA24-BA93A01A0D15.jpeg

Oh man, got a form picked out yet?

Agreed, I go crazy when I cant see 360° but it would be nice to have a spot to eat a sandwich and warm up and still be "in the game". Assuming its spider free obviously

23 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Agreed, I go crazy when I cant see 360° but it would be nice to have a spot to eat a sandwich and warm up and still be "in the game". Assuming its spider free obviously

I'm sitting in one of those 2 boxes on the lease this year with a heater AND the spiders! I'll let the weather dictate the date.