Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

4 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Nice. There is no lull, just a change in movement and other variables. GPS research always show bucks move more in october than september, so that's a good thing.

I'm starting to see more movement on cams, but it's at night, or an hour before I would be heading in. I think this lull people speak of is just the deer taking a smoke break from over um, err, copulating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtTime said:

No. I'm not the sociopath who likes to take creepy pictures. He may have 100 different accounts on here, but I'm not one of them. However, I think they took a picture of me while I was walking out. I got this odd feeling and when I turned around they were out at a field edge with phones in hand watching me.

Back off Pal  !!!..I don't even OWN a camera.......<<grin>>....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ok I decided I am going to hunt the lull exclusively.   And only during temps over 70.   Too easy during the cold rut.  

2B762B93-CF4D-487F-9914-489621C59600.jpeg

My buddy joe has had multiple bucks in good light every afternoon sit over the last week or so including the big moon thing . Always lacking one more step , bad angles , noisy stand etc. it’s nuts what he’s been seeing . 
good luck .

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

My buddy joe has had multiple bucks in good light every afternoon sit over the last week or so including the big moon thing . Always lacking one more step , bad angles , noisy stand etc. it’s nuts what he’s been seeing . 
good luck .

Thanks.   Momma and fawn got first pass.   Who knows.  Wind is good and easy entry so no harm.  

30 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The doe groups are moving.  7 deer so far in range.  

I haven’t seen a doe yet this year , 3 sits ,maybe 4 idk  for sure . I did find some decent sea glass the last two days, that’s hunting to !

09AD5DB8-FB2F-4181-8C37-65A4730FE66F.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow what an exciting hunt.  This guy was within 60-70yds cross wind but good wind for over an hour.  Thick and I never saw him.  But have photos coming my way and departing after dark.   It was close.  On my feet the whole time.  Pics coming and going.  Lol  and a split g2   

445A48D6-EFB5-40D0-B260-8AEF74DEA057.png

54AD664E-2191-4AE0-93BA-37B5D9170F1F.png

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 22

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Wow what an exciting hunt.  This guy was within 60-70yds cross wind but good wind for over an hour.  Thick and I never saw him.  But have photos coming my way and departing after dark.   It was close.  On my feet the whole time.  Pics coming and going.  Lol  and a split 

He looks like another damn wall pedestal LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Lots of time left! I came home from hunting tonight and found this out in front of my garage. Guess he needs a new cape. I've had people send me deer with tags shoved in the mouth but never money before LOL

received_407926688207736.jpeg

Really short neck mount……Oh my:crying:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Lots of time left! I came home from hunting tonight and found this out in front of my garage. Guess he needs a new cape. I've had people send me deer with tags shoved in the mouth but never money before LOL

received_407926688207736.jpeg

Wow, what the heck happened to the REST of the cape???

1 minute ago, Chef said:

What does it cost to replace a cape vs mount on the one it came on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's costs me $125 per cape for tanning. It will cost him this plus the price of a new cape. Large, early season, shorter haired capes are the most sought after and expensive to replace. A cape of this size can easily go for $150-200 green. Should be able to get it for cheaper than that though.