Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

50 minutes ago, Chef said:

c0cf4dc5377e849c968da70b37316c32.jpg
Shot, waited 30 min looked at arrow. Found 2 spots of blood 15 yards from the arrow and backed out.

Will be out with the sun in the morning. Arrow didn’t smell like guts per say but did smell sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be a downer, but I hope that arrow looks better in person than the photo. Looks like a lot of fat, makes me think brisket. Did you see where it hit? Any hair on the arrow?

Was the shot back? What makes you decide to wait until the morning?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Quartering too, arrow had a sweet sourish smell to it, there were two drops of blood 15 yards from the arrow. Small drops blood a little dark on the arrow…. It’s going to be cool tonight and after the lost buck a few weeks ago I just figured it would be better to back out

• Like 1

Not to be a downer, but I hope that arrow looks better in person than the photo. Looks like a lot of fat, makes me think brisket. Did you see where it hit? Any hair on the arrow?

There is actually zero fat on that arrow. It’s all blood it’s just the way it looks in the picture. Shot was in a decent spot deer was just quartered to

• Like 2

Just now, Chef said:

There is actually zero fat on that arrow. It’s all blood it’s just the way it looks in the picture. Shot was in a decent spot deer was just quartered to

Whew, good news. Good luck with the recovery @chef, you deserve a win. Hopefully we’ll see pics tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I'm not busting on you Chef. But wasn't the last buck quartering to as well? That's always a tough bow shot. That said, wishing you luck with the recovery tomorrow. 

• Like 5

I'm not busting on you Chef. But wasn't the last buck quartering to as well? That's always a tough bow shot. That said, wishing you luck with the recovery tomorrow. 

No the last buck was 100% broadside. This was not a hard quartet at all. Just slight. The other shot I just messed up and shot high

Quartering too, arrow had a sweet sourish smell to it, there were two drops of blood 15 yards from the arrow. Small drops blood a little dark on the arrow…. It’s going to be cool tonight and after the lost buck a few weeks ago I just figured it would be better to back out

Good luck man....I would be tossing and turning all night.

I would be out there with flash lights ,no way I could sleep.

Trust me I’m still kind of shaking. But going out there now with a light just increases my chances of loosing the deer.my alarm is set for before sunrise and I will walk in with the grey light.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Lease or
Public land?
Love that numerous guys on here hunt outta state. On my list as my boys get older.

Was out on a friends 17 acres. I moved to Ohio 5 years ago for a new job I have 20 acres but 19 acres are fenced for cows and only 8 of that being scub/young woods. But I still hunt NY with my lifetime license and pa if I have have enough time. Ny property and my cousins 20 acres I can hunt in Pa are less than 5 miles apart. It is honestly easier to hunt his 20 as I have been staying with him when I hunt up there after selling my house in NY last year.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

Trust me I’m still kind of shaking. But going out there now with a light just increases my chances of loosing the deer.my alarm is set for before sunrise and I will walk in with the grey light.

If you're by Stewart and you need an extra set of eyes in the AM to help track let me know.

If you're by Stewart and you need an extra set of eyes in the AM to help track let me know.

Thanks man, I’m about 45 min south of there. I should be fine I really don’t think the deer went very far I’m just trying to be extra careful. I really think I heard him crash.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chef said:

Good luck Chef ! Hope it didn't go far so you have a nice easy recovery !