Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Great Buck Congrats! I'm out here in 6k for muzzleloader opener nothing moving so far. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I was very tempted to grab the ml and head 40 minutes up into 6k myself!

I still may later today. Not having faith in what I have left of bow spots and don't want to burn out my home spot before the rut.

You on public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Great Buck Congrats! I'm out here in 6k for muzzleloader opener nothing moving so far. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Nothing moving where I am in 6c either.  I like the wind direction at this spot, but it’s blowing a bit too hard at about 15 mph, steady from the se.  I don’t think they are going to move much in that but we shall see. I just heard a shot from your direction.  

Trying to bring one in from downwind by deploying scent countermeasures (hot apple cider and open stick of EverCalm deer herd scent).

2C7E8AC5-FA64-48DC-8069-FAED89E7C506.thumb.jpeg.3ea386977387bcc16290e208897736dc.jpeg

The cider also keeps me warm, hydrated, and energized.  There is a strong, cool wind blowing.  I really don’t want to burn out too much of my area for the week, on the first day, but a still hunt into it on the way back might work well.  

The wind is up to about 25 mph now, so that will blow away most of my scent.  I will keep touching up my boots with EverCalm every hundred yards or so.

46 minutes ago, Chef said:

Well the shit was better than I thought he didn’t even go 70 yards target buck down

00fb1e2ad6b23ed4a1a5fd9042957b57.jpg
e8ff2cf2344b2eaaf71d4ea8e165b54b.jpg

Congrats. This was the same buck you shot earlier? Where’d you hit first time?

Congrats. This was the same buck you shot earlier? Where’d you hit first time?

Honestly I 100% thought it was but I guess I shot a different deer last week. This is the buck I’ve had pictures of for 3 seasons now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Just got home and showed my wife the cell pick of the buck from this morning and she told me I was going hunting tomorrow morning.  Guess I better do as she says. Lol

I know how that works.  My wife sends me up to her parents place in the Adirondacks for 9 days each October to help them get things ready for winter.   Good thing my mother in law is a good cook and there are plenty of other “fun” things up here to keep me occupied.

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I know how that works.  My wife sends me up to her parents place in the Adirondacks for 9 days each October to help them get things ready for winter.   Good thing my mother in law is a good cook and there are plenty of other “fun” things up here to keep me occupied.

By end of October if I don’t have anything killed she’s usually giving me crap asking where her fresh venison is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I tried one of those out and they are super nice. I bought a knock of on sale works well also. Super nice for on the run hunting/scouting.

How is it to carry thru thick cover and can you turn quietly in it to shoot at deer that come in from behind ?

This tree hammock seat is also very comfortable, carry’s easy thru thick stuff, and can be turned silently.  Drawbacks are that it is a bit of a pain to set up and take down, and it catches water from the tree in the rain. 
E86A43C7-4AFB-4266-B121-898FFFEFB6E6.thumb.jpeg.fddfb7b59e678cf7072aa45046cc95bc.jpeg