Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

9 hours ago, Chef said:

Tenderloins are for sure a loss… everything else seems fine, honestly there was a ton of blood in the cavity in front of the diaphragm and while the guts were swollen and stunk there wasn’t a ton of guy mess in the cavity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think you got a little deflection of the entry? You must have gotten scapula there,right?

You think you got a little deflection of the entry? You must have gotten scapula there,right?

No he was just at a odd angle. Quartered to but tucked his head on the other side of his body looking the other way when I shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

A grouse just flew past 20 yards behind me.  If one lands nearby, and I can get a clear head-shot with my .50 cal, I am taking it.  I have a decent supply of venison in the freezer now, but it’s been over 10 years since I have eaten a delicious ruffed grouse.  Taking that shot is well worth the risk of scaring off any nearby deer.  

Ideally, one will land at about 50 yards, where I dialed in my T/C Omega ML to hit 1/2” high.

ED684861-3055-4CA2-8193-12B04EA3862D.thumb.jpeg.d6c3761f39f5a52b6c69b7b628354033.jpeg 

My mother in law is a little under the weather and not quite up to her usual par in the kitchen.  I would like to cook up a fat-breasted grouse for lunch,  and then get back out after the deer in the afternoon.  

If the current SE wind holds, I know just where to sit, on the other side of the ridge that I am on right now, to get a crack at a herd I saw on my walk back to their house last night. 

• Like 1