Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

11 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

This is pretty close to rush too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same bear. We got him last year, too....I saw him second Friday of bow season in the rain. No shot. I got him on four or five cameras from Sept 25 through Oct 10 ish IIRC. Cams were spread out across HF L and R.

Edited by phade

40 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Pee break and photo op.

20221019_083501.thumb.jpg.414198ef62dff95e72bbad562af09272.jpg

Why the orange hat and vest ? Only one is required by law.  Is hunter density high where you are at ?   Yesterday afternoon, I hunted an unfamiliar state forrest across the road, and there were other hunters around, so that would have been a very good idea.  I couldn’t locate any deer sign over there, so I won’t be going back this week.  I might, if I had remembered my orange vest, but I know that I left it home.  

It is highly unlikely that there are any other hunters within 4 miles of where I am right now though, so I feel fine in just the orange hat.  I always take it off and place it on top of my tree umbrella, when it is raining.  No more of that predicted till Thursday, then clear Friday thru Sunday. 

Are you staying thru opening week of rifle ?  I checked out my opening day spot yesterday  morning.  Two years ago, I blew a great chance at a monster buck, because of my damn smartphone, from that spot on opening day.  I’ll be ready for him this year, if he shows up there again.  

13 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

Got out for the second time tonight and had some dog walkers come by right at prime time… the unfortunate downside of hunting public. Cell cams at other properties were popping so going to try and get back out tomorrow AM. I’ve got some toads on cam on public land including one I’ve got history with back to 2018 so I’m dedicating most of my early season to chasing them. Hopefully my private stuff will marinade and be fresh for November.

I got a cell cam pic of a bear yesterday which is pretty cool, literally 100 yards from a bunch of houses in a pretty suburban area of 8H. Never thought I’d be sharing my hunting ground with a bear haha

fa402dce7fbe3cb9db691f97266eea4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw pics of a field dressed bear from PA weighing 619. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just saw pics of a field dressed bear from PA weighing 619. 

Wow, that will make 62 pounds of bad-tasting meat.  I’d prefer a 200 pounder and 20 pounds of tasty stuff.  Bears are like sheephead.  Very little useable meat on them, and the big ones taste like crap.  With some folks, it’s all about the skull size though.  

4295CBE8-36C9-4F9E-A166-89A1ACFEE8B8.thumb.jpeg.a877077e3e9b92f569193a5896065a50.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BizCT said:

Up and heading west to NY for a morning hunt in 3N. 34° and light winds. First frost advisory this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just 1 deer at 635am this morning (too dark to see). Contemplating a PM sit here in CT. Pretty windy out, but otherwise a beautiful day

We had a a target buck show up on cam at 6:43PM yesterday at a stand. Empty stand of course. Work...

Weekend weather looks...not good for hunting. I probably get out 2 nights between now and Sunday all things considered.

Gonna hammer it hard in late October - November though. Work is getting shaken up in next 36 hours leading to me having a few extra days of stand time during rutcation. Might be looking at 20 days or more...

If I could change one thing, I wish I would have put in for Iowa this season. Cause I won't get this many days for the next 10-15 years. 

The wind is in my face and I’m loaded for bear (and deer).  I just hope that he shows up before 6:41 pm for beach volleyball.  I am watching the trail that he used going back home over the ridge last night:15263C61-BFED-41CA-B0B2-6C5E4865CD3E.thumb.jpeg.477574f1cddfa2f0095c19df1ce80816.jpeg

Hopefully, I can get 240 gr of lead into “the middle of his middle”, then finish him off with my razor sharp Buck 110 if need be.  154522DA-5CAB-4A73-AF5C-277639086D50.thumb.jpeg.f3717b05ee8f6de1621f62c3430c844f.jpeg

175C1588-6BAF-4B62-9C92-65673253D65B.thumb.jpeg.cf7c149e3caaa95f43565f1680822079.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phade said:

We had a a target buck show up on cam at 6:43PM yesterday at a stand. Empty stand of course. Work...

Weekend weather looks...not good for hunting. I probably get out 2 nights between now and Sunday all things considered.

Gonna hammer it hard in late October - November though. Work is getting shaken up in next 36 hours leading to me having a few extra days of stand time during rutcation. Might be looking at 20 days or more...

If I could change one thing, I wish I would have put in for Iowa this season. Cause I won't get this many days for the next 10-15 years. 

I know the weekend is going to be warm but the pressure jumps up above 30 starting Saturday morning. I'm hunting Saturday evening and Sunday morning. 

• Like 1