Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

We’re in. Not high hopes but nothing better to do, eh? 

Daughter had her year end soccer tournament across the counties. Daughter scored the final PK in a shootout in the 5 spot to win it for all the marbles. Down to her. Nailed corner net. Place went wild. I am ok if no deer tonight lol.

Edited by phade
  • Like 11

28 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Ain't no flies on the 30-30, out to 150 yards or so...However there are are probably 50  +other chamberings that you could say that about...The  main appeal of the 30-30 is the  light, fast handling little carbines that it is usually chambered in..

I though ammo availability would be good also, but it’s not too easy to find right now.  They had plenty of 160 gr Hornady Lever revolution at Dicks in Lynchburg VA, when I was down there last week, but I wasn’t willing to spend $47 for (20) of those.

My last (4) 150 gr Federal power shocks are in my rifle right now, then I have (19) 150 gr. Win Super X’s.  At the rate I am going thru them, that ought to last me a few years anyhow.  

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ok but destroying the basement floor every time you need some has to get old

Decentralized storage is your friend , very little is here ,  bank safety deposit box, relatives Graffunder safe ,and our camper in storage is set up like the one in The Accountant .  Same with my guns and ammo . 

Good luck tonight ,,I’m done till the end of next week . 

All the crops around me have been harvested , corn was gone before bow started ,it’ll all be turned over or covered in manure soon ,that always moves many  off my spot ,lots of yotes and few doe ,should be fun ….

It’s a dumb shot.   No biggie wounding a turkey huh?
So since none of us are dropping any monsters......let's chat about this for a second. What if Chef is fully confident at 50....shoots it all day and night long. Drills x ring on a 3d turkey while practicing at 50 over an over.
In my book if all these boxes are checked....have freaking at it.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

So since none of us are dropping any monsters......let's chat about this for a second. What if Chef is fully confident at 50....shoots it all day and night long. Drills x ring on a 3d turkey while practicing at 50 over an over.

No it was a dumb shot… but I also figured kill or miss with that single bevel head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol....that's awesome.
Now we are all going back to being bored with this thread.

The funny thing is if that shot was 50 yards at a coyote no one here would care

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

The funny thing is if that shot was 50 yards at a coyote no one here would care

I bet there are a few, maybe more than a few. But I believe most wouldn't take a risky shot at a coyote either. Quick ethical kill is what everyone should be striving for, not a poke n hope. 

Glad you missed.  Hopefully you'll get a crack at him tomorrow, but much closer. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

Tonight I watched a half dozen does for over 2 hours just relaxing and grazing in a field.  Finally 2 small bucks and one decent buck showed up to harass them.  Nice buck is a new one, a big 6 with no brow tines.  Great to finally see daytime action.  I checked cams and sure enough the new 6 was on it.  Along with the 2 local bucks.  

2BFB4FD5-DE0E-4530-AAAC-30F3F9596FA7.jpeg

C27627FB-4246-45F4-A33E-1A7EB6297F0A.jpeg

36A6E115-6C47-4431-8ED4-5F96BF84C44B.jpeg

• Like 7

Between the youth hunt and now I've been out 6x been very fortunate my son took a doe at gmans during the youth hunt and I took a doe Monday evening then this morning on a short sit I took 2 doe. They came in 15 minutes apart and by themselves.  Both were shot at 9 yards one in the heart the other in the lungs and they went less than 40 yards.  The one on Monday went about 40 yards as well.

I'm having shoulder surgery on Monday so I'm hoping to get one more sit in before then.

IMG_20221022_083258.jpg

IMG_20221022_084236.jpg

IMG_20221022_084954.jpg

IMG_20221016_190908.jpg

• Like 24

15 minutes ago, Red said:

Between the youth hunt and now I've been out 6x been very fortunate my son took a doe at gmans during the youth hunt and I took a doe Monday evening then this morning on a short sit I took 2 doe. They came in 15 minutes apart and by themselves.  Both were shot at 9 yards one in the heart the other in the lungs and they went less than 40 yards.  The one on Monday went about 40 yards as well.

I'm having shoulder surgery on Monday so I'm hoping to get one more sit in before then.

IMG_20221022_083258.jpg

IMG_20221022_084236.jpg

IMG_20221022_084954.jpg

IMG_20221016_190908.jpg

Coupla fatties there. Nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

3D targets don’t move.. 

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I hunted this morning but came home this afternoon.  I don't have any interest in messing with a deer in these temps.

That's my problem.especially when I've had other things going on this weekend.its not like I can let one hang for the next 1-3 days,which is really screwing up my hunting time