Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

you lost a deer to yotes in 90 minutes? Holy shit man... that sucks. Sounds like you need to call a trapper...

I bet the bunch of deer take off as the wounded deer hit the woods was actually a few yotes and they were on it minutes after he shot it. Just piss poor luck and a yote problem. I rarely see more than 1 or 2 together. Except a mom and pups when they are real young. A pack of 5-6+ would really cause havoc. I'd be inviting over the yote hunters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Belo said:

you lost a deer to yotes in 90 minutes? Holy shit man... that sucks. Sounds like you need to call a trapper...

No kidding.  All the old timer trappers I knew are gone.  It's permission property an hour+ from my house.  I've never amounted to much predator hunting.  Mostly shoot them when I see them.  It's VT, so no closed season on coyotes.  It's almost exactly a mile from the family farm.  I don't have tons of coyotes on those cameras. Hard to figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I bet the bunch of deer take off as the wounded deer hit the woods was actually a few yotes and they were on it minutes after he shot it. Just piss poor luck and a yote problem. I rarely see more than 1 or 2 together. Except a mom and pups when they are real young. A pack of 5-6+ would really cause havoc. I'd be inviting over the yote hunters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realized that after.  I think I could have saved the meat if I hadn't backed out.  Spent many years training myself not to push deer. Probably tracked over 100 for me and my buddies growing up.

I don't even know any real predator hunters back home. There are some near me.  I live about 5 miles southeast of Fiddlehead brewery. But that's over an hour from Central VT.  Sucks, cuz now I don't dare bowhunt that spot.  

Misses happen..

Little twig , little twig 
your a thorn in my side
To small to see at range with the naked eye
Protecting your woodland friend
who didnt know i was there.
I drew back quiet without a sound
Aimed carefuly and dreamed of backstrap well done
The release pressed
The arrow on its way
Oh little twig you made my arrow miss high today
 Im sorry not sorry  
I pulled you down
Snapped you off and threw you on the ground
A few profane  words may of been said 
As i walked back to my tree hanging my head.....

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Misses happen..

Little twig , little twig 
your a thorn in my side
To small to see at range with the naked eye
Protecting your woodland friend
who didnt know i was there.
I drew back quiet without a sound
Aimed carefuly and dreamed of backstrap well done
The release pressed
The arrow on its way
Oh little twig you made my arrow miss high today
 Im sorry not sorry  
I pulled you down
Snapped you off and threw you on the ground
A few profane  words may of been said 
As i walked back to my tree hanging my head.....

backstrap well done? surely you meant to say medium-rare?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I realized that after.  I think I could have saved the meat if I hadn't backed out.  Spent many years training myself not to push deer. Probably tracked over 100 for me and my buddies growing up.

I don't even know any real predator hunters back home. There are some near me.  I live about 5 miles southeast of Fiddlehead brewery. But that's over an hour from Central VT.  Sucks, cuz now I don't dare bowhunt that spot.  

You lost me at Fiddlehead...mmmmm no jk. Their original is a good beer. Been to the brewery a few times.

It would not stop me from bowhunting there in the morning for sure. Just take good shots on relaxed deer, Don't let Wiley win!