Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Laying low until tomorrow when this rain passes. Going to put together a stand for a new 20 acres a buddy and I were just granted permission to hunt. He is new to hunting so this is huge for him. He is going to put boots on the ground Fri after work....hang 2 cell cams and get out. With the Intel he gathers we will set a stand early next week and hopefully be hunting by the weekend right when things start to heat up!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Love new dirt. It's always fun to try to figure it out. Good luck

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I went out for a few hrs this morning. I sat from 530-930 then got down and stalked into what I thought was the big bucks bedroom to hope for a chance at him. This was my last chance since I'm having surgery tomorrow. I got to with in 9 yards of this smaller 8pt and had a 15 minutes stare down he couldn't figure out what I was and took off with a second buck who's rack I couldn't get a great look at.Screenshot_20221024-140159.thumb.png.516c24346372de1006d53da7f3823400.png

Screenshot_20221026-085229.png

• Like 16

Car is all packed for the morning hunt. Going to sit from dark until 2:00 unless I can get something before that. Going to focus on a ridge system from last year for the next couple days. The day I killed my buck last year he was one of 3 bucks on that ridge that I saw.  The ridge wraps almost like a horseshoe around a thick swamp with a bunch of bedding in it. The bucks use the ridge to check for trails going in and out. 

• Like 9

cameras blew up tonight. Chasing has started despite the heat, but even more so with the temps dropping now. Had buck #2 dogging a doe last night but early morning hours. Even had him at 6pm which blew my mind in these temps, but it happens. 

Now from like 7 on there are multiple bucks cruising and yours truly has a long ass day of meeting tomorrow. If you're in 8f or nearby I'd suggest you might want to get boots on the ground tomorrow morning. 

2 hours ago, Red said:

I went out for a few hrs this morning. I sat from 530-930 then got down and stalked into what I thought was the big bucks bedroom to hope for a chance at him. This was my last chance since I'm having surgery tomorrow. I got to with in 9 yards of this smaller 8pt and had a 15 minutes stare down he couldn't figure out what I was and took off with a second buck who's rack I couldn't get a great look at.Screenshot_20221024-140159.thumb.png.516c24346372de1006d53da7f3823400.png

Screenshot_20221026-085229.png

Best wishes on your surgery. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Belo said:

cameras blew up tonight. Chasing has started despite the heat, but even more so with the temps dropping now. Had buck #2 dogging a doe last night but early morning hours. Even had him at 6pm which blew my mind in these temps, but it happens. 

Now from like 7 on there are multiple bucks cruising and yours truly has a long ass day of meeting tomorrow. If you're in 8f or nearby I'd suggest you might want to get boots on the ground tomorrow morning. 

8F here and my cameras have been dead tonight after dark. I had a 2 yr old buck walking a few minutes after a doe earlier today though. 

Screenshot_20221026-085229.thumb.png.05ebb6f0d08f3865505556d33de06918.png
Sounds like a great hunt. Good luck on the surgery and hope all is well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

And here I was getting ready to agree with you. Lol.  

The light switch is about to be flipped... 

2 hours ago, Skillet said:

Best wishes on your surgery. 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sounds like a great hunt. Good luck on the surgery and hope all is well.

Thank you.

I'm having the lapram in my right shoulder repaired after that heals they'll repair the left side as well.

• Like 1