Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Wish I had a doe tag for this area 0767fdf4534dcdcbd525d18ad684e972.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

You should have hit that spot a week earlier, and you could have killed her with your ML.  That said, I hunted my spot up in 6c all of last week with mine, and I didn’t get a single good chance at a doe.

I did have a “just barely legal” spike almost beg me to shoot him broadside with a 30/30 this past Sunday morning though.  It was all I could do to hold off, since I really want to see for myself, how that caliber works on a deer.  

He will be in trouble if I still have my gun buck tag after Thanksgiving, the next time I go up there.  Most likely though, I’ll just see antlerless deer then, when they know that they are safe.  

• Like 1

Just had a stud skirt us at 60 yards.....I am in a double stand with my 8 year old. Came in behind us but I heard him coming with the dry leaves on the ground. Was an outside the ears 10pt. He milled around for a bit under some trees still holding leaves and we thought he was going to cross in front of us at 30 yards. He opted to walk off in the opposite direction. Boy did thay get the ole blood pumping.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 15