Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

In super early.. wow 800yds through the Oriskany Flats is equivalent to about 10 miles on dry land lol.. what a workout!

Tons of sign back in here but no trees to get in, no shooting lanes!

Oh well.. Im not doing that direct path through the swamp again

That means Ive got 3.7 miles back to the truck.. 2 of which I am going to do my best Elmer Fudd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

I have had my contacts out for a week for a lasik evaluation and they keep fogging up.

LASIK ( Dr robbins) was one of the best things I had done . You will need readers more and more as years go by , that can be a pain . To read a text on stand , pull out phone, pull out readers , try to get them on with mask in place . Bow pins and gun sights are all in the blurry range as well .

Id do it all again , but I have to carry readers everywhere I go , for the most part .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ok. Twist my arm 

4417F869-3C53-4562-91EA-CD919B2C08EF.jpeg

Way to get it done.

Just heard what sounded like a giant tree rat behind me. Open the back window a little to peek out and a spike was back there. No way to shoot even if peeling the velcro didn't spook him. Backside view from blind.

20221028_093209.thumb.jpg.931d96cecf25d0e78dfb4d8335a01d9e.jpg

Edited by DirtTime

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'm gonna hang another 30 boring as it is and Jay is refusing to shoot more deer even though it is clearly overpopulated over there! So I can't even wait for more dead deer pics! Wwjd no pug pulling!

At least Turkeyfeather is keeping this thread this morning fun  :) My wife just had major surgery and she my first priority and deer hunting is secondary. Good luck to you fletch  :) 

• Like 4

LASIK ( Dr robbins) was one of the best things I had done . You will need readers more and more as years go by , that can be a pain . To read a text on stand , pull out phone, pull out readers , try to get them on with mask in place . Bow pins and gun sights are all in the blurry range as well .
Id do it all again , but I have to carry readers everywhere I go , for the most part .

From what I understand, post 50 that’s a thing for most people anyhow. I have to have a second scan because of something with the back of my eye. Might not be a candidate anyhow.

29 minutes ago, WWJD_Hunter said:

At least Turkeyfeather is keeping this thread this morning fun  :) My wife just had major surgery and she my first priority and deer hunting is secondary. Good luck to you fletch  :) 

Prayers for your wife's quick recovery Bro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cold weather definitely has them on their feet! My cameras are popping like everyone else and home ranges expanding quite a bit…we had one buck on cam last night in spots almost a mile apart in less than 2 hours!

I’m also starting to see signs of first does cycling. I had a lone doe fawn wander by me this morning on one of my private spots and an hour or two later had a nice 3 year old 8pt I know well push a doe out of a thicket, through the nieghbors cut corn field and right by me with a smaller buck not far behind. I’ve been looking for a bruiser that’s been here the last few years but starting to think he’s dead since I’ve got no pics this year and seeing that buck with what’s probably the first hot doe here. Oh well, cool hunt! Back to public tonight, hopefully still active. Good luck to all heading out

5442d8656ee29fcc761078d69c78cc8a.jpg

79d50117b6a6dc668dea16ea94dd2c79.jpg

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Cold weather definitely has them on their feet! My cameras are popping like everyone else and home ranges expanding quite a bit…we had one buck on cam last night in spots almost a mile apart in less than 2 hours!

I’m also starting to see signs of first does cycling. I had a lone doe fawn wander by me this morning on one of my private spots and an hour or two later had a nice 3 year old 8pt I know well push a doe out of a thicket, through the nieghbors cut corn field and right by me with a smaller buck not far behind. I’ve been looking for a bruiser that’s been here the last few years but starting to think he’s dead since I’ve got no pics this year and seeing that buck with what’s probably the first hot doe here. Oh well, cool hunt! Back to public tonight, hopefully still active. Good luck to all heading out

5442d8656ee29fcc761078d69c78cc8a.jpg

79d50117b6a6dc668dea16ea94dd2c79.jpg

Holy G3's

• Like 2