Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Well took the mower for a ride at noon and blew all the leaves off  severl logging roads to stands  make it a lot quieter to walk in to the stands this weekend for the guys..   one guy saw 3 little buck and 2 doe this am ..passed the  bucks at 15 yards and 2 at 5 yards...1.5 year olds...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

What the hell do you do with this wind for tomorrow evening? Lol327c3bef95698ffa8086b827f8a12414.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Play the thermals.  They should pull harder than the wind is going. Once that sun dips and you can have a slope of a hill to your back side the thermals should pull down the hill and away from expected deer travel. 

Play the thermals.  They should pull harder than the wind is going. Once that sun dips and you can have a slope of a hill to your back side the thermals should pull down the hill and away from expected deer travel. 
My land is flat as a pancake. There isn't more than a 2ft rise across the whole place. Lol

I'm eyeing one stand that is ok for a N and W wind so might end up there if I go. Hopefully a successful morn will make the decision for me.

So I let that 8 pt walk last night. Go to the same stand 4:00. Put out a wick of Golden Estorous. 10 minutes later a shooter comes walking in the same way the 8 pt did last night. Stops 20 yards behind a tree I draw and my finger hits the release. Arrow flies out at 1/4 draw bangs against a tree. He stops knows something is up and drifts off. Wish video was better but he was a big one. Way outside his ears when walking away. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

What the hell do you do with this wind for tomorrow evening? Lol327c3bef95698ffa8086b827f8a12414.jpg

Do you have a ground blind to pop up and sit in?   

I took a day off and snuck into a stand where thick brush meets open woods. 32 F to start, light winds and dry leaves so I had to slowly tip toe the last 200 yards. Shortly after getting settled into my stand I caught glimpses of a nice buck with a doe back in the brush. He grunted a few times and I hear branches braking as the headed away from me.

I had a few doe and a 4 pt pass by around 9:45 and saw a couple small bucks toward the end of the day. I didn't hear or see any chasing. The light fickle winds tipped off a bunch of deer of my presence I'm sure but it was a good sit. I'm hoping the winds will stay out of the south for this mornings sit. 33F here in Livingston county. Good luck to all.  >>>--------->

• Like 2

Misses and I are up getting around,  this will be our 3 rd sit. We’ll be ramping up our effort's these next few weeks. Pulled the camera cards last Saturday and the wide 6 is still alive from last  year. 
First picture is him last year ,second one is same camera same tree he’s probably 60 yards from camera vs first he’s 30 .  so he’s grown some since . And this small 9 is new . Good luck to all. 

476CBA44-4B89-401C-A2B6-88DDA0CEFD98.jpeg

8C2E7B60-F462-4517-9F05-13F83D09579F.jpeg

443C86BB-3ED7-45BF-893F-14AB9F5DF64B.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 8

Finishing coffee in the truck listening to Led Zep . 32 , little wind at all . Seen a few in yards and one big one just hit at the end of the Bay bridge on the way here . I was on the way here , I don’t know where he was headed .

Live from the couch/picture window.  My lower back is still all jacked up. Frosty and nothing moving yet besides our grumpy horses.  Not even a chickadee.  This frost would make a cruising buck easy to spot.

Good luck to everyone who is out.  I will be out there for the PM, one way or another.  

• Like 1