Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Observation sit this morning, watching 3 big fields and a swamp edge.  Wind wasn't right to go in where I wanted.  Thermals are dragging downhill right now.  Going to sit for another hour or so then pull cards, move cameras + check for scrapes and rubs.  NE wind this evening might be nice for cozying right up to the 3dhe of a bedding area!

PXL_20221029_113559827.PANO.jpg

• Like 1

Love this time of year.  Had 3 doe to my left and I am slowly reaching  for now when all hell breaks loose in the thick stuff in front of me.  Nice 3yr chasing a doe.   He circled back towards me but no lane to shoot and the 3 doe run off blowing as they watched me try to get on buck.    First chase of year.  

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, Team Hoyt said:

Unfortunately came down with the flu yesterday. This sucks have never felt this bad. Even covid wasnt like this lol. Looks like I'm done for this weekend.

I'm with ya. Started to feel crappy yesterday afternoon. Really feel bad this morning. Had flu shot Thursday evening. Got work to do at the farm. Going to try and push through. Had to reschedule our annual meet up with UpStateRedNeck. Just to be on the safe side. Good luck to all out there.

• Sad 1

Well i finally got out last night for 3rd sit of the season.  I had a decent 8pt come to food plot and I missed at 32 yds!  He was a little spooked and  jumped the string. Back in this morning for a while, nothing so far, feels like a great day.  Good luck all.

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.

Packed in for my first all day sit of the season. In the stand, nice and early, at about 6:00. Had what sounded like chasing come by my stand in the dark, at about 6:15. Later 4 doe walked by in front of me at 7:25. Then had a fisher walk by me at 8:05. Best time of year to be out in the deer woods. Good luck all.

7 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Man with this kind of weather i really wish i could hit the woods. All this work and responsibility nonsense! Hopefully in 7-10 days i can get out there. Good luck to all out 

I'm in the same boat, can't get out until Thursday.  I hope bucks are still busy cruising.

16 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm with ya. Started to feel crappy yesterday afternoon. Really feel bad this morning. Had flu shot Thursday evening. Got work to do at the farm. Going to try and push through. Had to reschedule our annual meet up with UpStateRedNeck. Just to be on the safe side. Good luck to all out there.

I'm with you guys. Sick as a dog and surprised it is not the Vid! Trying to ignore it by keeping going and working on my first elevated box blind. It's tough though with non stop running nose , watery eyes and chills.

Still, it's better than last year; when the day before crossbow opener and I was on here getting advice on my new crossbow, in the middle of the night I had an ulcer rupture that put me in the hospital for emergency surgery and almost killed me.

I"ll take this flu/cold or whatever it is over that!

PS...From that experience, I have a new awareness of how awful a death it must be for a gut shot deer.

• Like 1