Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Scouting went well.  Pulled my cell camera and swung past a ridge about 60yrds the opposite way the camera was facing found a bunch of scrapes and rubs so I put up a different trail camera.  Went to the spot where the g2 buck lives and found a bunch of huge rubs and a very fresh scrape.  Has 6 rubs all the way around the scrapes. So cell camera is at that location. Freshened all the scrapes with doe estrous.  

playing it simple. Cell camera goes off I’ll hunt there in the morning if not I’ll hunt the big scrape line. 

7F548D30-A268-453A-9473-65447F815174.jpeg

448FA54D-E693-47F8-948A-A8A776F8BDDC.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Well Mr bill and I didn't get out . We meet in the parking lot but Cooper saw Mr bill and ran towards him . I know I should of let go of the leash but with car coming in I was afraid of him getting hit ot jumping up on mr.bill. so I took a hard face plant . 8 stitches and looking like hell. Can you say ouch 6b9ead960ba99b0a0d38e6ddd0efe7b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Holy cow what  did the other guy look like ^_^

Edited by rob-c

3 hours ago, mowin said:

I actually have some in there. Able to twist the shaft when knocked, but it's difficult with just my fingers. 

Just shot with all my gear on. First was 2“ left, next 4 we're dead nuts. All will the same broadhead.   So, either I fudged up and forgot everything about follow through over the 40+ yrs of bowhunting, or string caught something. Either is possible I guess. 

I know it sounds odd… but any chance you weren’t looking through your peep sight?  Otherwise you’re right.. string hit something, limb hit something or deflection. 

Well Mr bill and I didn't get out . We meet in the parking lot but Cooper saw Mr bill and ran towards him . I know I should of let go of the leash but with car coming in I was afraid of him getting hit ot jumping up on mr.bill. so I took a hard face plant . 8 stitches and looking like hell. Can you say ouch 6b9ead960ba99b0a0d38e6ddd0efe7b9.jpg

Omg I’m so sorry, hope you feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I know it sounds odd… but any chance you weren’t looking through your peep sight?  Otherwise you’re right.. string hit something, limb hit something or deflection. 

I was definitely locked in too my shooting stance.  Seen him coming for 80 yards.  Had plenty of time to stand and get set.  

I guess i messed up somehow. Weather it was a deflection or whatever.  

3 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Oh man so sorry to hear this.  heal up and feel better!

28 minutes ago, Lucky118 said:

If anyone wants to get a petition  going to make it illegal  to target practice on state land past Sept. I'd  sign it right now.

I understand the sentiment, but how far away were they ? Where I hunt , guys shoot somewhere around me almost everyday after work , and goose hunters are blasting away the next field over on most weekends .

My daughter,sil and myself sent a couple hundred rounds down range today , I’ll be on stand in the AM . 

Edited by Nomad