Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I understand the sentiment, but how far away were they ? Where I hunt , guys shoot somewhere around me almost everyday after work , and goose hunters are blasting away the next field over on most weekends .

My daughter,sil and myself sent a couple hundred rounds down range today , I’ll be on stand in the AM . 

Pretty  sure they are shooting by where parked my car. About 300 yrds from me. Lol.

If anyone wants to get a petition  going to make it illegal  to target practice on state land past Sept. I'd  sign it right now.

It’s illegal year round on most state forests and DEp lands in SENY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

I would move....screw all those leaves!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Need to.i think that's what may have attracted me to the house is all the tree's(reminds me of the woods) and a half acre to shoot my bow on,other than being a first time homeowner/it was in my price range.if I didn't care where they fell I'd drop em all myself haha

I was covered up in deer.  Seen three 8pts, and a couple smaller bucks, and probably 15+ does and fawns. Had a nice 8 12yrds to my right, but had 4 does underneath me with one sniffing the ladder, and no way was I going to spin all the way around with all those eyes so close.  

The 8's were definitely pestering the does a little bit. 

• Like 5

40 Minute walk in this am. Got to treestand go to put arrow on bow....... and quiver fell off. Backtracked all the way to house and quiver was about 80 yds from backdoor. Walking back to house with a unloaded bare bow felt so unbelievably awful. I thought for sure i would see a monster buck bring murphys law. Anyways took my ball and went home. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Wish us luck, son hit a buck little before 6. Shot was liverish area, it spun on the shot but was quartering  away on impact. Heading out in an hour to check were i saw it last before it went into thick cover.

Give it a little more time if its liver, like 4 hrs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kpkot said:

40 Minute walk in this am. Got to treestand go to put arrow on bow....... and quiver fell off. Backtracked all the way to house and quiver was about 80 yds from backdoor. Walking back to house with a unloaded bare bow felt so unbelievably awful. I thought for sure i would see a monster buck bring murphys law. Anyways took my ball and went home. 

When I see you this week, remind me and I'll tell you a very funny story somewhat similar to yours.  :)

• Like 1