Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Shot a buck at 7:30 this morning, he came in, worked a scrape then headed past me at 20. I knew the shot was a touch back. Arrow looked and smelled like liver so i gave him seven hours. He went 63 yards, turns out I heard him die. He made some light grunts which Id never heard before as he died4bd7e76d787c184d534dd86e93b8aa4f.jpg
0e77d79329800f8bf54837cc600e45b3.jpg
17139ef3c935fde4cc142a65a68f1957.jpg
03536efa6d7c65ab25b3c1302481573d.jpg
bd6320379d7a78543cbdca97462073cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congratulations Tacks!! Way to go!!

Nice looking buck!

• Like 2

I had Tacks for my fantasy hunt team didn't I? Atta boy!!! Hell of a deer- upon autopsy was the shot lung and liver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clipped one lung and hammered liver. He was DOA but I didn't like what I saw/heard so I waited. Rarely a bad decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Belo said:

it's a tough one for me. I'm a gun guy and have donated money to state org's trying to get some of our freedoms back or save the ones we have left. I also understand public land. I can be equally annoyed at mountain bikers as I can be at shooters, although only 1 can be a safety issue. 

Ultimately, similar to small game hunters, a little courtesy goes a long way on shared land. At the end of the day, what's legal is legal and we have to accept that and it's also totally ok to be annoyed haha.

I know. I hate to be a dick and it was a nice day. But come on it was ridiculous.  Your going to seriously park right next to my car and blast away into the woods without knowing where, or which direction I went. Usually in the morning I like to sit pretty much right in the direction they were shooting. I guess I was raised with a little more common sense and courtesy.  I know they pulled up next to my car and said f him lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, phade said:

Cams blew up overnight. Chasing sequences on all NY properties. No mature bucks but 1-2 year olds. A few mouth open bucks taking breathers and scenting. One good buck working a scrape after dark in Genesee county. 

I got lone fawn this morning at 8am on cell in CT. first time not with the 2 does it is always with since born. 2 nights ago a 10pt returned to harass the 2 does it appears

Edited by BizCT
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, phade said:

Cams blew up overnight. Chasing sequences on all NY properties. No mature bucks but 1-2 year olds. A few mouth open bucks taking breathers and scenting. One good buck working a scrape after dark in Genesee county. 

Lucky, I had the exact opposite experience.

4 cams out and one 2 had a doe on them at 6:30am.

3M

48 minutes ago, phade said:

Glad to hear that as I hunt genesee.didnt see crap this past saturday.neighboring friend started seeing young bucks cruising on sunday.kind of sucks as I may not be able to get out this weekend!!!!

First sit in this stand this year and it’s been a fun morning. Nine doe in the field behind me being harassed by a nice eight. A three point and a button buck right in front of me.  Not sure why the farmer left the first 40 yards of this bean field unplanted but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that I have a stand here. He’s not the friendliest person and didn’t like when a nice eight walked out of his field right in front of me. His son watched me take it and then came over to complain that I shot “his deer”. Just makes me laugh. 

C272CC69-5D88-4DBA-A06A-2026AF821554.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 3:34 PM, mowin said:

Ok.

Arrow on rest correct. ✓

Vanes in proper position ✓

Jacket zipped up, nothing in the way to catch the string ✓ 

binos not hanging around neck✓

waiting for redemption ✓

IMG_20221030_152846563_HDR.jpg

I have the exact same bow and a very similar problem.... It was driving me nuts.  It would shoot fine most of the time but every once in a while when I shot, it would make a "twang" noise followed by a horrible shot.  It got worse as time went by and I started noticing wax on the fletchings.  I realized the wax is bow string wax, so I checked the cable guide shaft (the shaft with the red guide sliding on it)  Sure as heck, with the bow at rest, there was clearence for the fletchings, but the shaft was loose.  I rotated the shaft to increase the clearence and tightened the lock nut.  Problem solved and it still shoot like new.  I believe mine is also seven years old too

• Like 1