Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Just got back from scouting a piece of permission ground.  Customer owns 80 acres.  Mostly beef pasture that hasn't been used in a year.  Not much to funnel them, but pretty easy to observe from the high ground.  It's only 5-6 minutes from my house.  We'll see.  I picked about 30 deer ticks off my clothes before I got in the truck.  That's a good sign, right?
That means either there's a lot of deer and ticks, or even the ticks can't find any deer!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I know. Honestly I don't even mind the ball busting if it's all in good fun. What I don't need or appreciate is the negativity from deer jizz jockeys who are just straight up spiteful and negative for no reason. that's what got me going. 

That right there was some funny stuff! The jockey part, I mean.

40 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Just got back from scouting a piece of permission ground.  Customer owns 80 acres.  Mostly beef pasture that hasn't been used in a year.  Not much to funnel them, but pretty easy to observe from the high ground.  It's only 5-6 minutes from my house.  We'll see.  I picked about 30 deer ticks off my clothes before I got in the truck.  That's a good sign, right?

Ticks have been bad by me this year need to treat my clothes again. Had one stuck on my arm and another one on my back yesterday. 

Just now, Swamp_bucks said:

Ticks have been bad by me this year need to treat my clothes again. Had one stuck on my arm and another one on my back yesterday. 

I wore work clothes (unsprayed) instead of hunting clothes (sprayed) and I should have known better.  Some of the reed canary grass was almost head high.  Permethrin works.

Was sitting just upstream of the mouth of a very small draw.  I saw a sapling on the hill right above me moving around.  I got ready and the deer walked down the hill right to me.  I stayed extremely still and squinted my eyes.  When it turned broadside at 8 feet, I took my shot.  Very exciting!!  I heard some splashing…hopefully from a beaver and not the deer crossing the creek.

In the photo, I’m pointing my bow where I was sitting…I’m standing where the deer walked down the hill…the deer stepped over the log to the right of the yellow beach branches (the front of my blind).  Unfortunately I wasn’t nocking my stone point…was using a two blade zwickey with my selfbow.  

13B9B607-8D8E-403D-B1C6-666ED19BEBAF.jpeg

• Like 24

Great short hunt tonight, saw 2 small bucks and a doe. I was drawing on the doe when the smaller of the two bucks came in and chased her off. He grunted and her and chased her in a small circle she took off and he stayed… aa474fc39a0af62ec9c6e052ef8240dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1