Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Increased activity on cams both in NY and Ohio. Temps look lousy but it's time for serious seat time.

I have about an hour here left in the office - last day at work, then 19 days off, which will be fun, before the new gig starts. Not going to try to rush to the stand tonight, so it's going to be packing, a few confirmation sight ins on the bows/Weatherby/CVA, and I'll be in the stand in the AM. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, phade said:

Increased activity on cams both in NY and Ohio. Temps look lousy but it's time for serious seat time.

I have about an hour here left in the office - last day at work, then 19 days off, which will be fun, before the new gig starts. Not going to try to rush to the stand tonight, so it's going to be packing, a few confirmation sight ins on the bows/Weatherby/CVA, and I'll be in the stand in the AM. 

Agree the time is now/soon regardless of temps. I'll be hunting full days on the 3rd, 8th, 12th, 14th, 19th and 20th and sprinkle in some additional quick sits before or after work. But i'll also be losing 2 travel days if heading to and from WNY. 

After a couple days cool down, I'm in the stand I missed the 8pt from.  71° and wind is all over the place.  Did leaf cleanup all day, so hopefully I smell like a big leaf. 

Drove by yesterday little after 6, and there were 17 deer in the rye, and that's just in the part of the field I can see from the road.  Lot more rye over the hill, and potentially a lot more deer. 

• Like 2

Think they'll still be moving with the heat? I figure mornings may be better this weekend because of the ridiculous afternoon Temps.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

And of course of all nights they come to cut the little corn field behind me about 200 yards. Hopefully they are done in an hour. Of course it had to be tonight. First sit in this stand and it was just getting to prime time

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Might send one your way

2 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Not really but we also don't walk around in fur coats in the summer. Movement will be best first couple hours of light and last hour of light.

10 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Sure does i lounge in the shade till it gets cool in evening

I was being facetious. Guess the lame rutting activity joke didnt land. 

Up for last hour baking in the sun.

Chrisw you better keep your butt in that stand till you drop one! You are in a deer farm! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This place is pretty magical the first week of November. The corn still standing is putting a damper on it though, they cruise that corn all day and you can't see them. I've got two more dark to dark sits to make it happen. I was razor close this morning but I hate forcing shots. I believe 11 different bucks in the last 2.75 days.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

And of course of all nights they come to cut the little corn field behind me about 200 yards. Hopefully they are done in an hour. Of course it had to be tonight. First sit in this stand and it was just getting to prime time

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I actually like sitting when they're cutting corn, it doesn't bother them much at all. I shot a buck a few years back about 150 yds from the combine, he was running a doe still. I actually had to stop the driver from cutting the top corn because I thought he died in it and didn't want him to get ran over.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1