Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

night temps look way up there too for the weekend. I don't think morning or afternoon will make much of a difference. I may sit all day depending on the wind direction for my few know funnels.

Warmer temps = bigger boners. Nobody likes to pork raw in freezing temps anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

First solo sit of the year this evening.  One lone small doe strolled through at dusk.  Surprisingly quiet. I’ve been hunting a bit in a double stand with my 5 year old boy, so anything sounds quiet after that.

I heard reports of lots of buck activity in the neighborhood (Finger Lakes) today including a big buck shot chasing a doe at 11am today.  

• Like 1

Nothing after 4pm today, got a pic of a 10 that has been absent for a month a bit ago though, 150 yds from where I sat the last few days, hopefully he graces me with his presence at 25 yds in the AM. Another all dayer tomorrow.Screenshot_20221102-192846.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Passed on a decent 8 point buck tonight who came in chasing a doe. Biggest I've  seen so far but I know there's  bigger up there. Probably  a 14 in spread but no mass and very short tines. Maybe a 3.5 yr old . Had him at 25 yrds a few times and just couldn't  pull the trigger lol

• Like 1

Sprinkled some doe in heat 15 yrs from my stand.  Had a doe and her little guy with 1.5" horns come in.  Mom wasn't impressed, but the little dude stuck his nose in the leaves and rooted around for a couple minutes. Definitely liked that smell,lol. 

Passed on a 4pt at 10yrds.  At one point there 22 deer were in the field behind me. 

IMG_20221102_180323912.jpg

• Like 3

Any big Rut action yet?  Not a thing in my area...

Also... Lee Zeldin has a REAL change to kick out the witch... get everyone you know to Vote!  for Lee!!!

My CT cell cam blowing up right now. Small 4pt 1.5 year old harassing 2 does. Got some cool pics in my journal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

First of the year in 5H for me. I always find them late up there, this is kinda early. Only a couple doe at last light. Temperatures were high, I'll be back when the temps drop next week.

20221102_131739.jpg

Bucks aren't  being bothered by the heat. Chasing  hard today at 2pm. If you have a dark side of the mountain this time of yr hunt that. That's what I do and seeing lots of bucks moving in the middle of the day.