Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

4 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

Bucks aren't  being bothered by the heat. Chasing  hard today at 2pm. If you have a dark side of the mountain this time of yr hunt that. That's what I do and seeing lots of bucks moving in the middle of the day.

Yep, all day sits planned for this weekend. I'll be in thick shady cover between real thick cover. 

Vacation day to hunt today. Heading out in CT soon. 41° right now before it climbs to 68° later. Zero wind and 728am sunrise. 4pt chasing does on cell cam all night. Hoping the 10pt comes through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Nothing here yet in the foothills of the Berkshires. Got in quietly and no cell cam pics since 459am. Just had a Turkey trip the cell cam a ridge above me but I can’t see it. No other hunters that I’m aware of this morning so far

i63eed9ab4cc5675cb7922393dd2b2482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

On the way to work this morning, just ahead of me, a decent buck chased a doe and fawn into traffic. The fawn didn't make it. Tomorrow starts a four day weekend for me. Will be out as much as possible. This point in the season, anything can happen at anytime.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To rattle or not to rattle

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The answer was not to rattle. Barely caught a glimpse through the trees of 2 does (maybe fawns) feeding in the field... 15 minutes later see them again further away and headed away from me. Figured I'd hit the rattles a little and hope they had a buck nearby. Hit them together a couple times and see 2 flags go up and high tail it directly away from me. Thought they would either come to it or ignore it all together. Didn't expect to spook them like that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk