Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

November and in the 70s wow. Low 70s till Tuesday in 3m. I would think this would change the hunting patterns. 

Fishing, stacking wood, and gardening till temperatures decline.

It has 100% changed over here in 3M for me. All 4 of my cams are gone quiet over these last few ridiculously warm days. I'm going to go out tomorrow and change em up.

• Like 1

This is certainly not usual warmth. Several more days of this stuff. I am just downwind of a scrape that has been very active considering the weather. Mostly does going by 530-630 and a few bucks showing up at 7. Here is to hoping one arrives earlier.

CD1310DB-B22F-4D4E-8ADF-E5FE81C1DE29.jpeg

C721E6E7-3452-4A32-91DF-465C18CB6D5D.jpeg

• Like 6

I had the same good buck as this morning come by me at 5. He got to about 75 yards in thick stuff then made a rub. I lost him after the trees stopped moving.  My cams showed he headed the opposite direction of me into a different plot.  Who knows after that.

Edited by E J

I bailed 10 minutes in stand. Sweating in the sun in a tee shirt is just ridiculous for hunting weather. Also have to work tomorrow and if get a deer and it's a clean track I am still up til midnight cause of this heat. So done with bow, back out on Sat. Good luck to everyone out tonite.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'm in need of a dog tracker upper Onondaga county if anyone has a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this one  Says they are in Liverpool in your county

https://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/tracker-info/?user=564

Paulene Eggers
Liverpool, NY 13088

Home Phone: 315-575-5718
Cell Phone: 315-575-5718

Retired Police Officer, outdoor enthusiast who loves fishing, hunting and tracking. Certified hunter safety Instructor for NYS-DEC.
I have wire haired Dachshunds and I service Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Cayuga and Cortland Counties in the State of New York

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 3

That is who I found. I hit a little forward and no pass through so no second hole and prob a crap blood trail into a swamp. So I been reading our resident tracker on here. Backed out and will go in the am. Update then.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Found this one  Says they are in Liverpool and go to your county

https://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/tracker-info/?user=564

Paulene Eggers
Liverpool, NY 13088

Home Phone: 315-575-5718
Cell Phone: 315-575-5718

Retired Police Officer, outdoor enthusiast who loves fishing, hunting and tracking. Certified hunter safety Instructor for NYS-DEC.
I have wire haired Dachshunds and I service Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Cayuga and Cortland Counties in the State of New York

Good man.

That is who I found. I hit a little forward and no pass through so no second hole and prob a crap blood trail into a swamp. So I been reading our resident tracker on here. Backed out and will go in the am. Update then.
Good luck Fletch. Hope you find it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tonight started out slow but ended up being one of the best sits this year.  At 530 I watched these two bux enter the field and drive the little bux away. At first it seemed they were traveling together but when they encountered each other near the center of my field both assumed defensive positions ears back heads down and hair up on their backs.  I thought they were going to fight but they kinda circled and side walked and went on their respective paths.  Both are shooters in my neck of the woods so hopefully they get along well enough so my son and I can wack them before one drives the others away.  Pretty sure they are both 3 1/2 yr olds or better 

ps good luck Fletch 

37732A13-22EE-4B25-BBC2-EEEA0806FF18.png

7785375E-657B-46FA-B7FB-9E12BEAF0622.jpeg

• Like 9

Sloooooow day after 9AM. It showed promise early on. The 3+ yr olds seem to be still flirting with daylight on both ends, that should change soon. Next Tuesday and Wednesday are looking better. Today was the 3rd time this week I've had mature bucks within 20 minutes of light in bow range, cams are showing the same. I'll be out in the AM again, may not stay all day though. 48 hours in the stand since Monday is taking a toll on me.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went to a stand in the thick stuff, one that used to pay off,buts been slow lately, first sit this year and last year not sure if I used it . Prior to the season I opened a path across the drainage ditch , well so did the deer ,I took the wrong one . Spent 20 minutes walking around on dry leaves and sticks , started to sweat really good too .

Once up I dropped my reading glasses .

Had a molar pulled last week , it broke and she worked hard for 1/2 an hour to get it out , after a few days it really hurt , I fought that for four days ,went back , dry socket, exposed bone ,close to sinus yada yada . She packed it and used stiches to hold it in place . Pain the whole sit tonight  can’t talk it hurts like an electric shock through the socket .

Oh and hip hurts really bad ,with each step ,should be fun dragging one out .

Home now popped and oxy and poured some gin .

Edited by Nomad
  • Sad 2