Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

My observations from the last couple days sits tell me in my neck of the woods we're getting close but not quite there for chasing/rutting activities. The bucks I've seen have been fairly unresponsive to calls and haven't been chasing or harassing does. My cameras show a few small bucks running around at night but haven't seen any of that while on stand during the day. The cooler weather forecasted for early /mid week next week should be perfect timing I hope to blow things open.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Went to a stand in the thick stuff, one that used to pay off,buts been slow lately, first sit this year and last year not sure if I used it . Prior to the season I opened a path across the drainage ditch , well so did the deer ,I took the wrong one . Spent 20 minutes walking around on dry leaves and sticks , started to sweat really good too .

Once up I dropped my reading glasses .

Had a molar pulled last week , it broke and she worked hard for 1/2 an hour to get it out , after a few days it really hurt , I fought that for four days ,went back , dry socket, exposed bone ,close to sinus yada yada . She packed it and used stiches to hold it in place . Pain the whole sit tonight  can’t talk it hurts like an electric shock through the socket .

Oh and hip hurts really bad ,with each step ,should be fun dragging one out .

Home now popped and oxy and poured some gin .

Tooth related pain is the f'in worse!!!!last year I cracked a wisdom tooth on beef jerky and had a wicked infection. Infection went under my tongue and jaw,was hard to even eat I was so swelled up.the nastiest thing was when the infection broke through in the middle of the night and the bedroom wreaked of death.heal up quick!!!!

Didn’t make it to where I wanted to be didn’t get moving fast enough this morning. However my setup is still good. Over looking logging trail and have a bunch of fresh rubs coming from a couple different directions and a really fresh scrape line that has 5 scrapes leading to this spot that weren’t here this past weekend

1 minute ago, Hock3y24 said:

Pretty crazy it’s Nov 4, I’ve been watching 5 doe in 3 diff areas of field for 1.5 hours and no bucks have even come check them out.

These three doe are bedded in front of me 60 yds. They must be fat and ugly to the bucks. Seriously. Nothing checking them out.

• Like 1

Buddy in Wayne county , two shooters and one young buck , running hard . 
im about to put the coffee on , 34th wedding anniversary spending the day with Mrs Nomad ,or as she prefers the Lucky Woman . 

Im having her wash my camo, truck, and boots, then Chimney Bluffs and Orbakers for an Empire burger , if she does a good job she can get an ice cream cone as well .

• Like 7
  • Haha 3