Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Too warm and bailing on afternoon hunt. Rut or not. Processor closes at 5 and not gonna leave anything outside their door to spoil overnight had I get lucky. Weekend is the same , warm. Monday looks good! 

I have seen 10 bucks in last 2 days. 5 were shooters for me. 2 were wall hangers for some. I hear you on the meat spoilage but if you got one let me know I'd help u process. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Heading out for evening sit in the deep woods.  Cameras are active but only at night.  Even on a fresh scrape in the deep woods.  He's hitting it at 8pm like clockwork.

SOB......  Logger dropped a tree right next to the stand I was going to sit and the branches are stuck in the screw in steps.  Didn't bring a hand saw.

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Too warm and bailing on afternoon hunt. Rut or not. Processor closes at 5 and not gonna leave anything outside their door to spoil overnight had I get lucky. Weekend is the same , warm. Monday looks good! 

if i was closer I'd bring beer and we'd process it nice and quick. don't need much room if you bone it all out to put in the fridge. don't even have to hang it. just on a clean tarp to roll it on to as you pull off the hide. you can use hide between ground and meat but it sometimes gets a little debris stuck in the thin slippery membrane around the muscles. hard to rinse out and i like my deer as perfectly clean as possible. 

• Like 2