Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

2 minutes ago, Zag said:

My thoughts on this warm and windy morning hunt…. 

Its like going on a date with a super hot chick your really into but within a few minutes of the date your getting vibes she ain’t into you at all.

Or she comes right out and says it ain’t happening….  Lol

• Like 1

Funky spike came up behind me to 12 yards then milled around behind me.

Was kinda watching over my shoulder off and on. Look back and see a bunch of antler and heck that ain't the spike. Nice 8 point was back always. Grunted and snort wheezed he looked and fed into a bedding area. Little guy was still 40 from me but the 8 didn't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I've been watching 2 does and 2 fawns feed out in my bean field.  A small buck just popped out of the woods, checked them out then started eating beans with them. I thought this was the first week of November and bucks were supposed to be chasing does?

• Like 1

Had a small doe with a nice 6 point trailing her come in off the field right at first light. The buck made 3 rubs about 50 yards from the stand while the doe kept walking to 15 yards from my stand. Finally drew on the buck once he started trailing the doe again and he hung up right before my shooting lane for a couple minutes. Then doe starts stomping looking downhill and a 4 point comes running up the hill at her and she takes off and the 2 bucks follow her out of the area. Seems to be heating up in 9P even with this brutal weather atleast.

• Like 2

Shortly after 8 I briefly saw a doe moving from woods to corn about 75yds out. That was in front and to my left. 5 minutes later a neighbor in that direction started WWIII on some birds. Pushed the door and another one back into the woods. Watched for a bit hoping they'd come my way. No such luck. May still be in the area though. Otherwise I've seen gray, black and fox squirrels running around. 

IMG_20221105_073917770.jpg

• Like 1

Warm weather definitely suppressing movement in 8H/8F but tbh my hunts last couple days have been better than I expected. I’ve seen a handful of 2-3 year olds chasing does and more movement in general than I’d expect being so warm. Cameras have slowed significantly so haven’t been expecting much but they are missing a good amount of action…. the other night I was in a 2-3 acre thicket with 2 cell cams on either side and had 4 bucks in there with me but not a single picture. Doubt they are aware of the cams, seemed like using more random trails and just more chaotic movement right now. So long winded way of saying don’t rely too much on cams. That said, all my mature bucks have disappeared across multiple properties. It’s been close to a week since I’ve got a picture and had been getting each buck every 1 to 3 days. Not sure if they are locked down or maybe my cams just missing them…. but very strange as we’re talking about half dozen or so different properties all seeing the same thing. Hopefully incoming cold front gets the big boys moving again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5