Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I was out of town but the buck i almost killed last year was killed yesterday frim the same stand.   Interesting to see how his left funky side grew this year.  Congrats to the forum member.  

93509744-6553-49F9-B695-61502B0022AC.jpeg

A1EB427F-283A-47BB-B616-57F4B8D87E79.png

2189AC6E-59DB-4AB0-A982-3D81648A44AC.png

Congratulations to Culver! I hunted with him while out hunting with you. What an absolutely great guy!! So happy for him!! You are as unselfish as they come moog. And a top notch host my friend. Ok......you are up next! Best of luck to ya!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ended up seeing 2 bucks 2 does and 4 fawns tonight. The bigger of the 2 bucks ( both 1.5 yr olds) came across my food plot grunting the whole way then went into the brush and chased a doe for a few minutes then came out and few with them after a while. 

Had a good looking buck cruise by at 3:50 at about 120yds, might have been the target practice going on today that got him moving. More guys shooting than opening day of gun last year. He didnt care about grunt call at all didn’t get a great look at him but looked good. At 430 a 4 point pushed two doe under me, followed by a fawn.

Not that todays weather was the best but it’s a shining example of nothing in life is guaranteed. You can do everything possible to be successful but still come up short.

good thing it’s only hunting and there’s always next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Saw a full size bobcat, but he just sort of kept moving and didn't give a shot, not that I'm sure what you do with a bobcat, I know theres stamps involved but I don't know the process.  
 Other than that it was the usual, bumped some deer on the way to the car.

Shoot the cat and then figure out the pelt sealing thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My son wacked a great buck tonight with the xbow.  Haven't seen a thing all year but a spike so far.  Couldn't get in any of our good stands with the strong south winds.  Until tonight, the wind switched just enough west to get into a good stand.

Last half hour, this guy comes out of nowhere, 25 yards quartering towards us.  He made an awesome shot, got the top of both lungs and never hit the guts.  No exit hole so it was a tiny bits of blood as he ran with the bolt in him, but we heard him crash hard from the stand.  But it started pouring and so little blood I started getting nervous that maybe I was hearing things when he crashed.  He went about 100 yards total and piled up.

20221106_183140.jpg

• Like 44

9 hours ago, billey100 said:

My son wacked a great buck tonight with the xbow.  Haven't seen a thing all year but a spike so far.  Couldn't get in any of our good stands with the strong south winds.  Until tonight, the wind switched just enough west to get into a good stand.

Last half hour, this guy comes out of nowhere, 25 yards quartering towards us.  He made an awesome shot, got the top of both lungs and never hit the guts.  No exit hole so it was a tiny bits of blood as he ran with the bolt in him, but we heard him crash hard from the stand.  But it started pouring and so little blood I started getting nervous that maybe I was hearing things when he crashed.  He went about 100 yards total and piled up.

20221106_183140.jpg

Congrats on a fine buck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Red squirrel with a burst of speed through the leaves certainly got my attention. Nice morning out. Cmon deerz.  

As I told my neighbor who just started hunting . “ if it sounds like a deer, it’s a squirrel, and if it sounds like a squirrel, it’s a squirrel.” 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1