Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

He's not the biggest buck we have by any means but I've put in 70+ hours in the last week and a half and he's nice enough for me this year. I've had so many close calls it was getting discouraging and this morning almost turned into the same, he came under me and kept looking up at me, finally he worked downwind and bounded twice and I took that opportunity to draw, he stopped at 25 and that was his mistake. He didn't go 40 yds.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Chasing the cold front now. Hope to be in Missouri by 530ish. Set up camp and get settled in. Bad Thunderstorms are going to keep us from trying to get in the woods in AM but we will be glassing in the AM to confirm what the cams are showing in a spot we can see from a protected position. Cams showing bucks moving through a spot between 8-9 AM.  Midday we will jump in to hang stands and maybe hunt the PM if the weather allows. Friday though it is on!

F3326A02-C75E-4899-BF0D-5D4E3EBDF39F.jpeg

• Like 3

Home after running  around. I had a huge buck on camera at another stand at noon. Went to see what the hunting pressure was like over there and swung pass another piece I hunt. Well I ran into the guys that manage the piece of stateland and they started talking about a buck I’ve been trying to kill. Told me how he’s been moving on the property and from where and times. Said today he was standing in the road at 9am and wouldn’t move.

picture is from this afternoon at 1230 as I was leaving another spot

89569FCB-1ED6-4964-9C6D-E5DD03D065A4.jpeg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 8

So plan is to hunt the g2 buck unless I wake up to another picture of the buck from today.  Only issue is I left my stand where I hunted this morning expecting to go back. So tomorrows morning hunt will be on the ground then going to run over and pull it if I haven’t punched my tag so I can get back for an afternoon sit. 

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

So plan is to hunt the g2 buck unless I wake up to another picture of the buck from today.  Only issue is I left my stand where I hunted this morning expecting to go back. So tomorrows morning hunt will be on the ground then going to run over and pull it if I haven’t punched my tag so I can get back for an afternoon sit. 

Good luck!

22 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Got a late start this afternoon to get down here to the Park and our farm and one of the few cameras that are not directly to my phone told the tale. This is actually a new guy on the scene. Going to be an interesting few weeks chasing these awesome animals daily. Of course I had to freshen up that scrape with some fresh smell from my ladies at home. 

DE7BA5C7-13B9-4DD1-98F1-FB3F6D68948F.png

DB0BBB08-19C5-45A7-8C4B-F4346C60F9F5.png

I know you said before, is the farm on 408?