Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

15 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

So what are the odds? I haven't been seeing many deer this year but I had muzzleloader problems that caused me to miss a doe during muzzleloader and now my 3006 didn't go off trying to take another doe. I give up it's not meant to be for me this year I guess. Was trying to shoot 180 grain core lokts.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

You wouldn’t happen to be shooting a Remington 783 ?

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Ain’t been on in a while been busy with life and hunting. Just got back from an awesome hunt in Ontario! I had a great muzzleloader season in the adk’s. Quick hunt at home before I chase snow tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was afraid the inmates got you......Oh wait a minute..Can't call then inmates anymore because it hurts thier little FEELINGS...  Was is the PC term for inmates these days   ??

13 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Not a big proponent of the "energy dump" theory...I'll take a silver dollar sized exit hole every time....That bullet will have done plenty of damage on it's way through and will leave a good hole leak if tracking is necessary..

Absolutely!  I'll take an old fashioned run of the mill Remington Core-Lokt over some of the modern plastic tipped wonder bullets.

• Like 1

Well speak up and tell us what happened.:good:

Headed north now so when I get more time I’ll get into it more but 6 of us made the 26hr 1450 mile drive each way to Ontario for a deer hunting trip. 5 out of 6 of us killed 200+ pound bucks and the sixth had plenty off chances! My first international hunt if you want to call it that but it was an absolute blast and I cannot wait to do it again!

Tracking up there is so much different because there are 50x’s the deer I’m used to seeing in the adks and At least 10x’s more than I see in Maine.
  • Like 8

Rifles all good. Took my dad out to see how far he can handle the walk Saturday. He has a bunch of physical issues and may be his last year ever to hunt and first in 5 years. Anyways get about to where I want to see if he can make it and up jumps an absolutely massive buck. 18-20” wide huge mass g2s have to be pushing 10”.  He looked at me and said yep this spot will do. 

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 6

Well yesterday was a day to remember. Cut his track around 7 he had a haram of does on the top of the mountain and every so often he’d go up and pester another. Problem was there was so many tracks up there that it made it very slow to figure out what one was his. Luckily in the 6 miles of tracking him he really never went anywhere and finally found a receptive doe. I ended up killing him at 15ft.

Looks like snow in Maine next week so I’m going to try and continue this amazing season and hopefully be home on time for a turkey dinner.

69031635833__E5CC7CE0-C36D-4212-856D-23154789AC7D.jpg
  • Like 36

12 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Well yesterday was a day to remember. Cut his track around 7 he had a haram of does on the top of the mountain and every so often he’d go up and pester another. Problem was there was so many tracks up there that it made it very slow to figure out what one was his. Luckily in the 6 miles of tracking him he really never went anywhere and finally found a receptive doe. I ended up killing him at 15ft.

Looks like snow in Maine next week so I’m going to try and continue this amazing season and hopefully be home on time for a turkey dinner.

Nice buck. Where in the Adirondacks? I hunt Clinton and Franklin counties up here.

33 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Mint !!!!