Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

36 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Well yesterday was a day to remember. Cut his track around 7 he had a haram of does on the top of the mountain and every so often he’d go up and pester another. Problem was there was so many tracks up there that it made it very slow to figure out what one was his. Luckily in the 6 miles of tracking him he really never went anywhere and finally found a receptive doe. I ended up killing him at 15ft.

Looks like snow in Maine next week so I’m going to try and continue this amazing season and hopefully be home on time for a turkey dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69031635833__E5CC7CE0-C36D-4212-856D-23154789AC7D.jpg

What a monster :) This is by far the best buck posted on this live forum this year :) Congratulations :) 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:01 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Headed north now so when I get more time I’ll get into it more but 6 of us made the 26hr 1450 mile drive each way to Ontario for a deer hunting trip. 5 out of 6 of us killed 200+ pound bucks and the sixth had plenty off chances! My first international hunt if you want to call it that but it was an absolute blast and I cannot wait to do it again!

Tracking up there is so much different because there are 50x’s the deer I’m used to seeing in the adks and At least 10x’s more than I see in Maine.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear about it.  Good luck on your walk and stalking!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Five Seasons said:

nowhere near 150. That would be a big nanny doe, she looks mature but i agree around 130 or less. 

Yeah I may be a reach at 139 but we shall see. Having breakfast and the I'll weigh her. Closest to actual weight gets a tenderloin! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Well yesterday was a day to remember. Cut his track around 7 he had a haram of does on the top of the mountain and every so often he’d go up and pester another. Problem was there was so many tracks up there that it made it very slow to figure out what one was his. Luckily in the 6 miles of tracking him he really never went anywhere and finally found a receptive doe. I ended up killing him at 15ft.

Looks like snow in Maine next week so I’m going to try and continue this amazing season and hopefully be home on time for a turkey dinner.

15' or 15 yards? That's a great buck. Love hearing your hunting stories. 

• Like 1

Yeah I may be a reach at 139 but we shall see. Having breakfast and the I'll weigh her. Closest to actual weight gets a tenderloin! lol
I agree with the other guys, I don't see 150, I've killed a few real big does and they were in the 130's dressed. Pics can be hard to judge though. Still a real big doe in the 30's!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

I agree with the other guys, I don't see 150, I've killed a few real big does and they were in the 130's dressed. Pics can be hard to judge though. Still a real big doe in the 30's!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I've also found that guessed weight depends on how you drag them out. The harder the drag, the more you predict they will weigh haha.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Feet, 5 yds. He was coming up a knob to check his back track I was going up from the other side and we ran into each other in the top.

Congratulations on a great buck!!!! Good luck up in Maine!!!

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Holy crap man!  Way to frickin go!

• Like 1