Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

4 does and a spike tonight. I'm pretty sure my big 8 is dead now also. Heard a shot up the road, as I drove past they were loading a real big 8 into a truck. This was him, I'm hoping it's a different buck but I have doubts. Screenshot_20221114-082730.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Ill pour one out for the lost homie.

I also had a big big eight that I haven't seen in some time now :/

• Like 1

Ill pour one out for the lost homie.

I also had a big big eight that I haven't seen in some time now :/
I'm really hoping he shows back up soon. I'm not holding my breath though. The 10 hasn't shown up since the last day of archery either. I had a feeling both of those bucks were in trouble, they were traveling too much for their own food, I was getting them both multiple times a night.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Let's talk this meat pole.....the pulley system they have rigged up looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

These guys are the real deal. No shit they have hunters from 14 to 90 at camp. Been around a long time. Family is from Maryland. Has property here in NY then they go to PA opener at another property and finish it off back home in Maryland. I'm blessed to have them as neighbors. They are a second family to me. You should see the racks from the 90's in this camp. 

• Like 4

Was a long last 3 days. Put in well over 8 miles since opening day.  Very few deer were spotted by my hunting party.  I took my dad home about 1030 opening morning and made it back to my stand by 1230 at 115 this big doe popped out at 30yrds. As soon as I realized she was alone I let her have went maybe 10yards.  

Be back out tomorrow morning at my opening day spot.  @REDNECK4LIFE32and I walked part of the property today and came across fresh tracks of what appeared a couple bucks trailing a doe. Never did see any of them.  

597FC7DB-86BB-4CE0-881F-7A8657EB2FDB.jpeg

FE8134DE-D053-431D-9E07-B0B4C70303EE.jpeg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 16

Hunted opening day with @Swamp_bucksand his crew nothing in morning. We went dropped of his dad and got some delicious homemade donuts his grandma's recipe. Went back out wasn't in stand long I send him a text I got a button buck comes up and hangs out then I hear him shoot at this point I've got like 10 deer does and little ones. I was buck hunting. So sat till 3 something May be 4 then got out to help him drag lol. Me new hip him and I bad backs lol. 1 mile drag big ole nanny doe. Sunday cold as hell and windy made drives seen 3 they were booking and really thick. Today did a still hunt didn't see anything but found new spots to hunt and lots of sign and evidence of bucks chasing a hot doe. Great time will be back next year.

• Like 5

Hunted Saturday and Sunday shot a nice fat doe on Saturday shaw a lot of deer all doe's and 1 4pt. I know there are more bucks there got them on camera. Going out behind the house tomorrow for a few hours. Then on Thanksgiving with my son who's coming up from NC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, heavuser said:

I don't know man, I still think 90% of the hunt is just dumb luck.

Lol, nope. Deer change with the seasons, our strategy has to change too. This year was really hot and primarily south wind, those are 2 really important factors in deer movement and location.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, heavuser said:

I don't know man, I still think 90% of the hunt is just dumb luck.

2 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

Lol, nope. Deer change with the seasons, our strategy has to change too. This year was really hot and primarily south wind, those are 2 really important factors in deer movement and location.

You both can be right.  It depends on deer density, the type of land your hunting, and how much land.  Does your land hold deer all 4 seasons or just one?  Does your land hold deer only during specific conditions?  Do you have the deer patterned?  It could be land that needs the rut to have the bucks moving through it and then it is dumb luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Passed up at least 7 bucks. Not live right now but some photos from the weekend opener.
One trail cam pic I let walk Sunday evening. Some others I never got pics of because I was prepped and ready hearing them coming in pushing doe.
Screenshot_20221119-154224_Gallery.jpg20221119_143412.jpg20221119_095819.jpgScreenshot_20221120-161037_Tactacam Reveal.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 4