Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

9 minutes ago, 50calpeephole said:

72 yard broadside on mid sized doe, dropped her where she stood.  

No tag soup this year, now I can relax and hunt trophy bucks and bear.

Was hoping a buck would swing by and check out the crime scene, but no such luck.

Did luck finally strike?

:elf:

On 11/21/2022 at 7:36 PM, First-light said:

These guys are the real deal. No shit they have hunters from 14 to 90 at camp. Been around a long time. Family is from Maryland. Has property here in NY then they go to PA opener at another property and finish it off back home in Maryland. I'm blessed to have them as neighbors. They are a second family to me. You should see the racks from the 90's in this camp. 

I would love to join a camp like that. So much to learn

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Like 1

QlQuiet morning out there again.  

Got into the field and I didn't have my hunting boots- no idea what I did with them yesterday- either they're back at the house (not on the boot dryer) or I left them where I parked last night after changing.

Clearly I need some sleep- burning the candle at both ends since Friday.

A doe caught me off guard this morning as I was getting ready to leave.  Figures, the whole hill is  snow covered except where she was standing.  But the wind was in my favor so I just stood still and she drifted off calmly.  

Managed to put another couple hours into this elevated blind I’ve been working on for weeks here and there. In it now, and being mostly closed in it feels pretty nice out of the wind. 

The one draw back though  is; I am not a builder, so it feels a little wiggly to me.  And, now I can’t get the theme song and opening scene from F Troop out of my head!  : 0

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 2

A lot of nice deer taken so far, congrats and good shooting. 

Anyone having much luck in Letchworth yet? I was out there Sunday morning, saw a doe and a few hunters tracks. I'll be in the park tomorrow am, then Fri and Saturday, hoping to see a shooter.

Where is Daniel T?  He usually started a letch~thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ANTLERS said:

Stevie Wonder could track that deer!

I really wish I had taken a pic of it hanging in the tree. It was the wildest thing I’ve ever seen. He had jumped or flipped into the tree I circled, and his antlers were around the trunk about 6 feet high, holding him straight up with his rear hooves touching the ground. My son and I were confused as to what he was doing when we crested the hill lol. 

20CECEC9-06A0-4222-9ADB-F001F6A254C3.jpeg

• Like 3

I really wish I had taken a pic of it hanging in the tree. It was the wildest thing I’ve ever seen. He had jumped or flipped into the tree I circled, and his antlers were around the trunk about 6 feet high, holding him straight up with his rear hooves touching the ground. My son and I were confused as to what he was doing when we crested the hill lol. 
20CECEC9-06A0-4222-9ADB-F001F6A254C3.thumb.jpeg.252618dd92919ad0008b190d0fa62879.jpeg
Perfect gutting position haha

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

A lot of nice deer taken so far, congrats and good shooting. 

Anyone having much luck in Letchworth yet? I was out there Sunday morning, saw a doe and a few hunters tracks. I'll be in the park tomorrow am, then Fri and Saturday, hoping to see a shooter.

Where is Daniel T?  He usually started a letch~thread.

Had a decent opening weekend with 9 being dropped. One pretty decent 10 and a couple 8’s. Doe tags were filled so the trip was another success. Not many bigger fellas on Cam’s in the area this year. This guy is the biggest I could find so it’s him or bust unless a bigger guy shows up on the scene. He plays the game well, had him close a couple times during bow but not close enough. The game continues….

A783EAAD-62EF-4BD0-A1FE-262C77A450EA.png

• Like 5