Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

was in the big woods today (Adk's). Got caught in a mini-twister when driving. Got hit with some dead sticks about wrist sized. Was glad to get to a open area and shut the truck down. Not a deer to be seen, but I did get to watch a otter and a bald eagle. There was sticks and downed trees for the +/- 15 miles home.

• Like 1

Was invited to hunt my neighbors property. There will be three of us. They will be in stand by 6:30 I'll still hunt my way down through them. Haven't seen a deer in a week. If nothing this morning I'm going in deep to a stand that borders a big bedding area made up mostly of pine. GL

Ran down to Ohio for a PM/AM hunt. Partner still has his buck tag. Well, had. He shot a buck this AM we have a lot of pics of. Nice 5x4 9 with a broken G2.

Saw quite a few deer. I have almost no interest hunting here in NY but will get out next weekend for sure. That’s makes four bucks for us this season. One each in Ohio and Missouri. 

6AF72340-7977-480F-BC25-17524EAE124E.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 24

Had a good feeling about today. Light west winds low 30's saw a Donkey of a doe with two yearlings. Did not offer me a shot. This was morning. Had to go in deep to a stand that I just love. West wind is best and it paid off. I was in by 2 and heard deer around 3:45. Got up and got ready and a big doe headed right to me. Shot through shoulder she went 20 yards. I'm very hyappy!

69188171710__323B7B2C-67B8-49EF-8ABB-F1BCE1D729F6.jpeg

69188363319__A952C6A1-5CB7-419D-9459-B8C1D28BEC6C.jpeg

• Like 22

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Had a good feeling about today. Light west winds low 30's saw a Donkey of a doe with two yearlings. Did not offer me a shot. This was morning. Had to go in deep to a stand that I just love. West wind is best and it paid off. I was in by 2 and heard deer around 3:45. Got up and got ready and a big doe headed right to me. Shot through shoulder she went 20 yards. I'm very hyappy!

Congrats!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 6:27 AM, Hock3y24 said:

Been seeing deer every sit, Dad shot another doe a couple days ago, I shot a doe in PA Friday. Rear legs being made into prosciutto by a friend. Wil be out this evening also. 

Prosciutto is super fatty, do you plan on eating it the same way you would with ham? You're not worried the fat is going to make the meat taste like crap? 

I have so many questions!

19 minutes ago, heavuser said:

Prosciutto is super fatty, do you plan on eating it the same way you would with ham? You're not worried the fat is going to make the meat taste like crap? 

I have so many questions!

No CLUE! hes been doing it for years and says its great, so we shal see. 

13 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Congrats on the buck. Sucks that it was infected. Will you be able to get a replacement tag, and what DMU do you hunt?

I think that the only way you can get a replacement tag is to have DEC come out and inspect foul deer. You will not be able to have any of it… ie antlers. 

• Like 1