Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

9 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I have the exact same bow and a very similar problem.... It was driving me nuts.  It would shoot fine most of the time but every once in a while when I shot, it would make a "twang" noise followed by a horrible shot.  It got worse as time went by and I started noticing wax on the fletchings.  I realized the wax is bow string wax, so I checked the cable guide shaft (the shaft with the red guide sliding on it)  Sure as heck, with the bow at rest, there was clearence for the fletchings, but the shaft was loose.  I rotated the shaft to increase the clearence and tightened the lock nut.  Problem solved and it still shoot like new.  I believe mine is also seven years old too

Edit :  The shaft felt tight by hand when the bow was at rest... I tried to turn the shaft with a pair of pliors and found it to be loose.  Rotated the shaft clockwise (looking from the rear of the bow) and tighten up the lock nut.

Get it out! The walleyes are practically jumping in boats right now. I'm not putting mine away until it gets cold, that could be February for all I care.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Lol. Yeah deer just have my attention and the freezer is fish tight.

If I down a buck in next few days though....

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

That’s bullshit and you know it. If you didn’t give a F either way you never even would have put a pic up at all. If anything everyone on here is going to know you have not shot a wall hanger in 5 years because you feel the need to show a half assed pic like we need to approve it. Show a pic of your kill or don’t show a pic at all. This bullshit of saying it’s only for my family and then show a pic of a deer with no head attached says it all. 

biz wanted to know if I recovered it, or I wouldn't have put the pic at all. You're just pissy because you owe chef a hunt and backed out and everyone knows you're a bitch for it. Don't take your anger out on some guy you don't know because he doesn't feel the need to show the bucks or doe he shoots. 

I generally like the group of guys here and like to share details about my hunts and that I put one down as I think it helps motivate some to know they're moving. If it suits you better I won't even post that I got a deer at all. Would that work? 

Your once again proving my point. There's literally nothing to gain by sharing pics on a public forum with no moderation where the public can see everything and new members can't even join. zero. zero benefit. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, boo711 said:

I try not to take my phone in the woods. I have and I’ve posted on here while I’m using it or will read some news. But will be leaving it truck for the rest of the season. To much time looking down at the screen. Lol

I thought about this as well. It's nice when it's a long slow sit, but I've for sure looked down for too long reading something and looked up to see a deer snuck in.

Main thing for me is safety. Nobody getting ahold of me is nice, but I have a wife and kids and if I did have an accident myself, I need that phone.

• Like 4

I thought about this as well. It's nice when it's a long slow sit, but I've for sure looked down for too long reading something and looked up to see a deer snuck in.
Main thing for me is safety. Nobody getting ahold of me is nice, but I have a wife and kids and if I did have an accident myself, I need that phone.

The phone has definitely gotten me into some predicaments but I cant say its actually cost me one. The Nockturnal very nearly did this year, it turned on when I nocked and as I'm trying everything in my pack to turn it off three does came in behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

biz wanted to know if I recovered it, or I wouldn't have put the pic at all. You're just pissy because you owe chef a hunt and backed out and everyone knows you're a bitch for it. Don't take your anger out on some guy you don't know because he doesn't feel the need to show the bucks or doe he shoots. 
I generally like the group of guys here and like to share details about my hunts and that I put one down as I think it helps motivate some to know they're moving. If it suits you better I won't even post that I got a deer at all. Would that work? 
Your once again proving my point. There's literally nothing to gain by sharing pics on a public forum with no moderation where the public can see everything and new members can't even join. zero. zero benefit. 

While I agree with most of what you said here and agree he is Ridiculous. I will ask you what is the real harm in just posting pictures of the deer. Most of us do and I just don’t see what you’re so afraid of. Granted it’s your choice but hell You seem like a good hunter and I would be curious to see what you got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The phone has definitely gotten me into some predicaments but I cant say its actually cost me one. The Nockturnal very nearly did this year, it turned on when I nocked and as I'm trying everything in my pack to turn it off three does came in behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah never cost me one either. I've gotten much better. I don't ever read anything anymore, I just scroll and check things  in very small doses now. Don't want all that time, prep and effort to ruin the one small window I might have. 

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

While I agree with most of what you said here and agree he is Ridiculous. I will ask you what is the real harm in just posting pictures of the deer. Most of us do and I just don’t see what you’re so afraid of. Granted it’s your choice but hell You seem like a good hunter and I would be curious to see what you got

harm? probably not much. 

But judgment? For sure. Heck I haven't killed many birds and Bill likes to remind me of that whenever there's a tit for tat with him. Hunter shaming was a rule that was always enforced pretty well but now we have 1.5 mods it's not. 

I also have had unknown users post at me with pretty informed knowledge of who I am. That was a nice wakeup call too. I don't own the land I hunt... yet. And big bucks being dropped drives people to do some crazy things. I don't need that in my life.

But mostly, like I said, there's nothing good to come from posting either. Someone's not going to venmo me money and I can't exchange internet likes for currency either. I don't share on social media either, it's just not anyone's business and I give zero f's. 

Obviously this has gotten to a point, so I think I'll just go ahead and stop even posting that I got one at all and we can all move on. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Belo said:

I often hunt alone, the phone is a safety device first . The other morning I got 300 yards down the lane way when I noticed I left the phone in the truck ,I don’t leave extra time in my walk in either , but back I went .

• Like 3

harm? probably not much. 
But judgment? For sure. Heck I haven't killed many birds and Bill likes to remind me of that whenever there's a tit for tat with him. Hunter shaming was a rule that was always enforced pretty well but now we have 1.5 mods it's not. 
I also have had unknown users post at me with pretty informed knowledge of who I am. That was a nice wakeup call too. I don't own the land I hunt... yet. And big bucks being dropped drives people to do some crazy things. I don't need that in my life.
But mostly, like I said, there's nothing good to come from posting either. Someone's not going to venmo me money and I can't exchange internet likes for currency either. I don't share on social media either, it's just not anyone's business and I give zero f's. 
Obviously this has gotten to a point, so I think I'll just go ahead and stop even posting that I got one at all and we can all move on. 

I wasn’t saying this as a insult. I was saying I enjoy your posts and enjoy hearing about your hunts and would just like see the end results if that makes sense. But I understand your point so how about you just shoot me a PM with some pics

• Like 1

My blood is pumping, heard a commotion in the bedding behind me, heard a few grunts, 2 fawns came running out, followed by two 2yr old bucks, a 7 and an 8 point, the 8 tried going back in and got ran back out again. I can hear a buck in there breaking branches but I can't see him. He didn't come out for grunts, the other 2 bucks wanted nothing to do with my grunting... Mid day action again.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 15

Saturday morning saw a flurry of activity for me in the Cap District. One small 4-6 at daylight, then around 8am I had a different buck chasing/harrassing does (never saw him). at 9am, had a nice 6 that i would have shot chase a doe into thick cover behind me. I didnt think they vacated the area so I hung tight.

Had a doe and button work in behind me in the thick cover and ultimately right under the stand around 10:30am. They vacated and around 11:00am and I was going to call it quits to get to daugthers Softball game, but the doe came trotting back to about 35 yards. It was clear she was bumped back to me. Brought the bow back up, got arrow nocked, and turned around in stand, but when I looked back up I couldnt locate her. She was on the edge of a small CRP field and I scanned for a half hour to no avail. Back down goes the bow and i get all unhooked and as i start to climb down, that big 6 jumps out of that CRP and gets out of dodge. A little dejected as I would have definitely stayed, but kids come first and it was an awesome hunt!

Shot a nice doe Monday (yesterday) at 9:30am on different property. Double lung at 30yds and "sick" daughter assisted with recovery. Defintely some bucks pushing does around at this property as well in the morning, they just never showed themselves. Good luck all, pushing my vacation back to next week or possibly the week before gun, but it appears things are happening! Good luck all!  

5333E7C4-9965-477A-984B-6BDB0A7A7F6B.jpeg

3C6951CA-5C2B-449B-BAD4-2B069900B438.jpeg

B96EF8DF-BA02-4C82-9259-7A23D38680DB.jpeg

Edited by SilentStalker
  • Like 30

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Edit :  The shaft felt tight by hand when the bow was at rest... I tried to turn the shaft with a pair of pliors and found it to be loose.  Rotated the shaft clockwise (looking from the rear of the bow) and tighten up the lock nut.

I'll check that out, thanks for the tip. 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

harm? probably not much. 

Post what you want. While this site has some good people, there are some that just can't not let things go, if it is against their collective mindset. I am alot more selective of what I share now too, so I get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jumped the same 8 pt  3x now walking out around the same spot... looking around  2 beech trees are loaded with nuts.. my tag is filled but hung stand  have a young  lady coming to hunt wed or thursday and hope the new spot pays off for her if she can sit long enough as it shows there around 10 am. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Belo said:

WTH - no pics of you and the fam dressed as the Mario's this year? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I often hunt alone, the phone is a safety device first . The other morning I got 300 yards down the lane way when I noticed I left the phone in the truck ,I don’t leave extra time in my walk in either , but back I went .

Yeah I've done that too, and I'm very guilty of not getting in super early lol. I've also dropped my phone out of the stand and had to make the call... do I climb down or sit here without it for the next 2 or 3 hours haha.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I wasn’t saying this as a insult. I was saying I enjoy your posts and enjoy hearing about your hunts and would just like see the end results if that makes sense. But I understand your point so how about you just shoot me a PM with some picsemoji6.png

I know. Honestly I don't even mind the ball busting if it's all in good fun. What I don't need or appreciate is the negativity from deer jizz jockeys who are just straight up spiteful and negative for no reason. that's what got me going. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just got back from scouting a piece of permission ground.  Customer owns 80 acres.  Mostly beef pasture that hasn't been used in a year.  Not much to funnel them, but pretty easy to observe from the high ground.  It's only 5-6 minutes from my house.  We'll see.  I picked about 30 deer ticks off my clothes before I got in the truck.  That's a good sign, right?

• Haha 1