Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Mountain laurel.  I can tell you it's not fun to drag an animal in that thick stuff. The positive, it's very easy to see fresh sign and game trails. They bed right in that stuff. I usually don't hunt in it but I got lazy today and didn't walk to my usual spot. 
Great bear terrain. I shot a bear a couple hundred yards away a couple years ago and that's all what is behind my brothers house that killed the bear Saturday. 

I thought I recognized it. I sat in it on PA stateland to hunt deer once. It got warm that day and I pulled off over 20 ticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Turkeys all around me, a few flew down pretty close . Awhile ago I looked straight ahead and there was light brown that wasn’t there before !

it was a stand off ,then slowly I reached for my binoculars… it was a ray of sunshine that made its way through the canopy and was lighting up part of a tree trunk a ways off 

• Like 2

About to make the 45min drive west into the state of NY for my opener. 51° and light winds.

Nothing here. Super quiet walk in with wet leaves. No wind, woods are dead silent. Not a single acorn falling has been heard.

@dinorocks - yote season is open 10/1 not 25th

Same nice 8 just came through as two mornings ago ! Same darn path , and 8:20 last time was 7:30 .

Im in a different stand so closer but still a good 40 yards which is way more then I shoot .

Either I put my lone wolf hang on , on that route , or try the stand straight back 100 yards and see if he comes straight through from the back .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

So he’s taken the exact route both times I’ve watched him this week , that yellow line . I could use this stand blue dot and hope he come by 20 yards closer .

or if you follow the line left it points towards my “ back “ stand it’s real thick behind it open woods in front . Not sure if he comes straight through the woods from the back or enters from a side then straight down .

or after I get down I have a ladder stand I could put on his path near where I’ve seen him , that’s a bit of work and noise and although I’ve always put ladder  stands up alone it’s getting harder .

help !

F06C7A30-FA17-4FC4-8DD5-50A409205ABB.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So he’s taken the exact route both times I’ve watched him this week , that yellow line . I could use this stand blue dot and hope he come by 20 yards closer .

or if you follow the line left it points towards my “ back “ stand it’s real thick behind it open woods in front . Not sure if he comes straight through the woods from the back or enters from a side then straight down .

or after I get down I have a ladder stand I could put on his path near where I’ve seen him , that’s a bit of work and noise and although I’ve always put ladder  stands up alone it’s getting harder .

help !

I would put a hang on in or use a climber and catch him off guard.  

Unless that stand by the blue dot is within range of his trail. If it is I would be there tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1