Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

I’m a little disappointed in myself for giving in the alarm clock this morning, but the wife kept me up a little later than planned… although I’m not complaining.

Action at just about every stand this morning but nothing with a horn. I’d shoot a doe so I guess I may have missed an opportunity but it’s a long 2 days of kids football games and being tired didn’t appeal either.

Congrats and good luck to those out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

I’m a little disappointed in myself for giving in the alarm clock this morning, but the wife kept me up a little later than planned… although I’m not complaining.

Action at just about every stand this morning but nothing with a horn. I’d shoot a doe so I guess I may have missed an opportunity but it’s a long 2 days of kids football games and being tired didn’t appeal either.

Congrats and good luck to those out

What were you guys doing late at night? Any pics/videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well my turn now..disgusted right now..things went from quiet to crazy at 8am.as i was posting on here I had a buck sneak in 10 yards to my right from the field.staring right at me.played with a few saplings then finally headed around some thick stuff that gave me time to get ready.had another buck behind him out in field but he wouldn't follow(he then took off).ended up giving me a 23 yards shot which ended up low and back.FFFFFFFUDGE!Not sure if it was on me or deflection.gave me a second shot and got deflected.wtf.slowly watched him walk across field.clean pass thru and know I opened him up.marked blood where I saw him just outside of pines I was sitting in,didnt even bother going into field.going back later,stomach in knots

20221008_083332.jpg

20221008_083854.jpg

• Like 5

Watery from the dew/rain? Looks darkish too. Give him time. What’s the arrow say?

Any hunching? Sounds like what you saw is lining up with the blood there. Slow walks away like that IME are back. Not sure about low and back that would give dark blood unless there was stomach and intensive content but you’d see that. Think maybe you got low liver?

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, phade said:

Watery from the dew/rain? Looks darkish too. Give him time. What’s the arrow say?

Prob from the dew and rained just prior.bile looking,blood started right after hit site and went all way out to where I stopped.hoping I clipped something.waiting a while.back home now patiently waiting,this is the worst

Edited by doebuck1234

3 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Prob from the dew and rained just prior.bile looking,blood started right after hit site and went all way out to where I stopped.hoping I clipped something.waiting a while.back home now patiently waiting,this is the worst

Definitely give it time. No need to rush at this point. Surely fatal and just now about not bumping him and finding him dead. Bile appearing is going to be fatal.

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

Give him time! He's not gonna get too dead if you wait! He may get invisible if you don't!
(And please remind me of this when I do it later in the season!!!)

• Like 3

Sat from 6:15-10 - not a deer seen except for the gut pile left by a hunter from yesterday. One of the biggest difficulties in the program I hunt - I had no idea a deer was taken and gutted 40!yards from the tree I climbed this morning until I found the gut pile after the sun came up.

• Like 2

Just now, phade said:

Definitely give it time. No need to rush at this point. Surely fatal and just now about not bumping him and finding him dead.

Agree'd. Have creek that runs along property,hoping he will end up right there.ive bumped em before and know how much of a pain it can be.hopefully have my hands wrapped around em this afternoon

@crappyice will do,hopefully doesnt happen though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Sat from 6:15-10 - not a deer seen except for the gut pile left by a hunter from yesterday. One of the biggest difficulties in the program I hunt - I had no idea a deer was taken and gutted 40!yards from the tree I climbed this morning until I found the gut pile after the sun came up.

That’s like finding an empty wrapper next to the bed post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

Agree'd. Have creek that runs along property,hoping he will end up right there.ive bumped em before and know how much of a pain it can be.hopefully have my hands wrapped around em this afternoon

I’d consider waiting quite some time. 6 hours for liver minimum but stomach and intestine, it’s going to put you out to close to dark IMO. At minimum. 

• Like 4

[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] will do,hopefully doesnt happen though!
Best news is this happened in the am so you can get back out before light is gone to see and still give a good amount of time. I would wait til like 2-3 hours before dark . Good luck ! And will be looking for pics of you and your buck!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] will do,hopefully doesnt happen though!

You’ve got time on your side… you got this

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

You're gonna find that deer I have a feeling. I wouldn't go near that side of the field till 4 pm. Wouldn't even hurt to call the dog tracker guys in your area and see fi their available. 

Took the kid to swim lesson, came home ate lunch, passed lunch, getting dressed and headed back out. Found a few good rubs on the walk out this morning
Oh and took alive, that stand is killing my back
eace906e8a6658f7c47667450aded0fa.jpg
0d8ffd6d74962eda814c3b9cb179eb8d.jpg

• Like 1

Took the kid to swim lesson, came home ate lunch, passed lunch, getting dressed and headed back out. Found a few good rubs on the walk out this morning
Oh and took alive, that stand is killing my back
eace906e8a6658f7c47667450aded0fa.jpg
0d8ffd6d74962eda814c3b9cb179eb8d.jpg

• Like 1