Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Back home, things shut right down . Lots of dead deer along the roads today too . 

Plan was for sat morning , neighbor has tomorrow off, I may switch to that idk . My hunting partner,well he hunts his land and i ours, generally start to hunt together around now, but his son is in the hospital pretty serious so there’s that too . Funny how hunting can turn insignificant in an instant. 

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Back home, things shut right down . Lots of dead deer along the roads today too . 

Plan was for sat morning , neighbor has tomorrow off, I may switch to that idk . My hunting partner,well he hunts his land and i ours, generally start to hunt together around now, but his son is in the hospital pretty serious so there’s that too . Funny how hunting can turn insignificant in an instant. 

Saw 4 dead bucks along 390 this morning, in the couple mile stretch between the Rush exit and the thruway

48 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Saw 4 dead bucks along 390 this morning, in the couple mile stretch between the Rush exit and the thruway

What time was that - I saw ZERO there. Those are my on and off ramps for work. Curious if it was later.

21 minutes ago, phade said:

What time was that - I saw ZERO there. Those are my on and off ramps for work. Curious if it was later.

I drove down to Rush at 7 then back up around 9... some were Southbound.  You cant miss the bloated one just south of Erie station Rd. 

1 hour ago, johnplav said:

Apparently I'm not willing to risk my life or be late to work for a spike.  And the balloon-like bloated basket rack... I'm not messing with him either. 

There’s a nice buck along 490 West around Victor , just put your hazards on ,you’ll be fine .

Edited by Nomad

3 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I drove down to Rush at 7 then back up around 9... some were Southbound.  You cant miss the bloated one just south of Erie station Rd. 

I went North around 7 but didn't see any. Heading that way south, soon, for some tree time.

I'm in some " new dirt" in a park I don't normally hunt in this program - wind is whipping so I tried to tuck in some oaks near a patch of pines. No great acorns but some decent runs and a rock wall or two that I am a sucker for! I love hunting new spots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3