Rut predictions?

YFKI1983

I like Veterans Day ( in that vicinity) for bucks on their feet. But as many have stated deer on the move with a bow is not always great. However this past firearm opening day I shot a nice 8 pt chasing two does all over my property in dark morning. Grunting and just rutting hard. Fortunately he stopped in my cleared opening a 0657 hrs. 45 yards heart shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/17/2022 at 9:12 PM, grampy said:

Yes sir. You hit the nail on the head. This thread comes up every year. And my answer is always the same.

Get out as much as you can from Halloween to the end of November. But the "magic" day is November 10th. And the five days before and after. These are the days when you'll see bucks standing in the middle of a field in daylight. Running across the road in front of your truck. Blindly following the scent of a doe coming close to estrous. These are the take your vacation, sit as long as you can in the woods days. 

Happens the same time every year.

Spot on! If I had to pin down a single day that is my favorite, it is Nov 10th. Close to every buck I've shot on that date were hot on a doe..

It's funny, because just the other day we were talking  deer at work and I told the couple young guys that that was the magic day. One of them drags out his phone and shows me pictures of a beautiful 10 point he shot a couple years ago. He checks the date and it was 11/10.

Lol.. mike drop  ;)

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ncountry said:

Spot on! If I had to pin down a single day that is my favorite, it is Nov 10th. Close to every buck I've shot on that date were hot on a doe..

It's funny, because just the other day we were talking  deer at work and I told the couple young guys that that was the magic day. One of them drags out his phone and shows me pictures of a beautiful 10 point he shot a couple years ago. He checks the date and it was 11/10.

Lol.. mike drop  ;)

3 dead bucks on November 10, that's my day too, even though I take 2 weeks off around then. November 7th has been pretty magical also for me.

• Like 2