People camping on state lands that have active hunting going on

phantom

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

How'd your hunting go and what were you hunting?

Was terrible just wanted to go  out for some  Squirrel hunting start driving up starts  raining  i decided to go up and wait it out long story short i went to place i have not been in 20 years . Walked the trail found the tent and  Faint deer track i think here you tell me .  Didn't see any squirrels  Didn't see anything not even a bird nothing now I  know why i stopped  going to that place 20 years ago  lol  got some good  Exercise though.

20221017_134959.jpg

Edited by phantom

25 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

How'd your hunting go and what were you hunting?

O yea almost forgot saw a bear run across the road  on my way there never seen that before man they can run. i wish i could have took picture of that  You almost never see them at least I've never seen a bear runing across a road before .

Edited by phantom

4 minutes ago, Overtkill said:

Alot of state run campgrounds have specific areas where you are allowed to hunt.

This state land is more  for hunting and fishing  they dont even allow bikes  they have no  Designated campground  they allow only  primitive camping but the rules are you gotta stay a 150' from trails and roads he did not .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, land 1 said:

well i would say if he was in the rules its state land for everyone to enjoy,,, however sound like he was not within the rules tho

I don't know when he put up that tent but on the weekends especially I mean today it was Monday and it was raining so nobody was there but that place is like a shooting gallery on the weekends usually especially.   I wouldn't camp there if  you paid me .

What state forest is it? Just about the only places you cannot camp on state land are WMA's, unless the land clearly states no camping. Was the tent set up on a dedicated primitive camping site?

A link to the land from the DEC site would help, as then we could all see the icons for what's allowed on that land and what isn't.

Edited by DirtTime

15 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

What state forest is it? Just about the only places you cannot camp on state land are WMA's, unless the land clearly states no camping. Was the tent set up on a dedicated primitive camping site?

A link to the land from the DEC site would help, as then we could all see the icons for what's allowed on that land and what isn't.

I looked it up it says there's no designated camping area  but primitive camping is allowed as long as you are  150' from any road or trail . 

There are no designated campsites, however, at-large primitive camping is allowed. Campsites must be at least 150 feet away from the nearest road, trail, or body of water. Camping for more than three nights or in groups of ten or more requires a permit from a Forest Ranger.

Edited by phantom