.22lr

Five Seasons

Funny enough I actually heard the same... Any time i tried finding 22lr at dicks or gander both would tell me that they came in on random shipments but now the amouts that actually came into the shop were regulated and they never knew how many boxes they would get... it could be anywhere between 1 and 10... after some time as sad as it sounds... I gave up..

I have been lucky and picked up 22lr bullets off and on over the last 6 months. My last pickup was a bucket of 1400 Remington s for $80 Bucks at Dicks a few weeks ago. I probley picked up 5000-6000 rounds in the last 6 months. My daughter can shoot through a brick in a few hours when the weather breaks.

Heard from many buddies that any Remington 22 amo is completely garbage..Makes me not want any..

I had a box of 500 4 or 5 years ago that I finally finished up a few years ago that shot just fine. idk. I do little plinking, but just gradual shooting and hunting and no issues.

My opinion is Remington has been Junk for a few years now I have had more FTF's, stove pipes
& loading issues with Remington .22 ammo

I have a pile of ammo that I am trying to figure out how to dispose of

almost anyone I talk to here about Remington .22 ammo say's the same

Remington Golden Bullets to me are junk.  One should understand that I say this, because I shoot NRA bullseye 22LR pistol matches.  it's rare that one doesn't go bang.  however, I see some bullets seated in the case poorly and from round to round you will hear difference.  the "pop" sound isn't consistent because some are a little hotter and some a little lighter loaded.  They shoot minute of squirrel 24/7, 365 days a year.

Dick's Sporting Goods around here had them Friday morning.  One store in Latham was sold out at 8am and they open up at 9am.  People were lined up at the door.  They only got 6 boxes in so they pulled the first six into the heated vestibule to wait and told the others sorry.  Then the Albany store had several 333 round Winchester boxes in.  Once they opened the door everyone stayed in order, single file at the counter.  they handed one box to each person until they ran out.  Store opened at 9am and they were sold out by 9:02am.

I think that demand will come back.  Centerfire pistol and rifle ammo is already showing back up in stores.  the average squirrel hunter is now buying a few bricks instead of just one for fears they'll run out and have a hard time getting more.

the main reason though is many people, some that don't even have guns, are buying up bricks when they find them and then reselling them.  it's cheaper to do this with 22LR then centerfire.  same thing goes for the doomsday nut/hoarder that thinks he/she needs and can actually shoot several thousand rounds in any given weekend.  I've heard of a dozen people doing the reselling thing and it's just wrong on top of being illegal.  there's one way to stop it though.  don't buy it from them!  if you stop buying it from them they'll stop doing it.  it shows up here and there so there's no reason to spend $0.20 per round on 22LR.

For what it's worth, I must have put over 1000 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets through my Ruger 10/22 and had only one dud.  I re-chambered that round and it fired the second time.  I had another dud in my Henry Lever Action.  That one would not fire the second time so I just chuck that one.

same thing goes for the doomsday nut/hoarder that thinks he/she needs and can actually shoot several thousand rounds in any given weekend.  I've heard of a dozen people doing the reselling thing and it's just wrong on top of being illegal.  there's one way to stop it though.  don't buy it from them!  if you stop buying it from them they'll stop doing it.  it shows up here and there so there's no reason to spend $0.20 per round on 22LR.

Why is it illegal?