Sunrise Farm Gun and Rod Club

Does anyone have any experience with, know anyone who has been with, or heard of anyone who has joined Sunrise Farm Gun and Rod Club?

Im currently looking around to try and join a club since I dont have and dont really know anyone with private land to hunt and didnt have much luck on state land last season..

If possible if anyone also has any other suggestions in regards to clubs in Westchester, Putnum, Orange, Sullivan or Delaware counties any info would be greatly appreciated...

just looked, price seems to good to be true.............wheres the catch?

Exactly... Price seems way too good to be true.. site looks legit (which is why i had to include it in the post) decent amount of land.. I donno.. Thats why I had to ask before anything.

Hi Sinjelam  Angle Fly preserve in Westchester county is a park open to NY residents to bow hunt provided you can show you can shoot . Qualifying is done sometime near the end of the summer and  an orientation meeting are a few of the requirements in place you need to adhere too .But overall is a simple process and one worth the effort. There is also DEC  property that butts up to the preserve and there are is a healthy deer herd in there .The other preserves and parks are only open to Westchester county residents and Rockefeller is a lottery based hunt. good luck.

Hi Sinjelam Angle Fly preserve in Westchester county is a park open to NY residents to bow hunt provided you can show you can shoot . Qualifying is done sometime near the end of the summer and an orientation meeting are a few of the requirements in place you need to adhere too .But overall is a simple process and one worth the effort. There is also DEC property that butts up to the preserve and there are is a healthy deer herd in there .The other preserves and parks are only open to Westchester county residents and Rockefeller is a lottery based hunt. good luck.

That is unreal!! Thanks for the info! I'm actually looking into it right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about this club but usually when a club has low annual relative to the amount of property it owns it means there are a lot members to split the bill but this also means a lot of members will also be on the property.

Hi Sinjelam Angle Fly preserve in Westchester county is a park open to NY residents to bow hunt provided you can show you can shoot . Qualifying is done sometime near the end of the summer and an orientation meeting are a few of the requirements in place you need to adhere too .But overall is a simple process and one worth the effort. There is also DEC property that butts up to the preserve and there are is a healthy deer herd in there .The other preserves and parks are only open to Westchester county residents and Rockefeller is a lottery based hunt. good luck.

Bordering property is DEP, not DEC.

Additionally, this is sidetracking the thread, but the OP would probably want to know the contact person is Bob and there's a few more rules to hunting the Preserve side than just qualification and orientation, there's also the requirement of using a climber tree stand as you are not allowed to hunt deer from the ground.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I don't know anything about this club but usually when a club has low annual relative to the amount of property it owns it means there are a lot members to split the bill but this also means a lot of members will also be on the property.

I actually gave them a call today to grab a little more info and was told that between NY and PA they have about 5000 acres.

A couple of differently plots starting in Monticello headed upward. He did mention that last year they had about 130 members between the two states 30 of which were full members..

He said that majority of the members live and primarily hunt further upstate and that the lower hunting lands don't see as many hunters since a lot of them love closer to the other lands...

They don't have any lodging it anything of that sort either which is one of the reasons why the annual dues are lower but would still rather have some input from some who may have had experience with the club

Bordering property is DEP, not DEC.

Additionally, this is sidetracking the thread, but the OP would probably want to know the contact person is Bob and there's a few more rules to hunting the Preserve side than just qualification and orientation, there's also the requirement of using a climber tree stand as you are not allowed to hunt deer from the ground.

Thanks! I appreciate the input!!

• Like 1

I got issue with putting out cash right up front for something I don't even get to see.

I mean the way the site reads is you pay to be a member of air with no one even havin to see you first. doesn't mean its not legit. just if it were me I would want some kind of assurance im not getting ripped off.

otherwise it aint that bad

• Like 1

I got issue with putting out cash right up front for something I don't even get to see.

I mean the way the site reads is you pay to be a member of air with no one even havin to see you first. doesn't mean its not legit. just if it were me I would want some kind of assurance im not getting ripped off.

otherwise it aint that bad

I absolutely agree. When I spoke with the gentleman yesterday he informed me that if I wanted to join I could do so at any particular time but they so have a couple of events coming up that would allow me to meet some

Of the members and so on. He also gave me the member info for the website to check out the lands that they lease and there are a good number of them I must say.. I'm thinkin of driving up and scouting some of them out sometime soon but other than that everything else sounds pretty legit.. There was no pressure to join, he made it clear that if I had any questions or needed any assistance I should reach out so so far no complaints..

Probably more like $600 for full member, since you'll need to sell $100 raffles per year and attend a work day, or pay a $50 fine if you don't. The $450 seems deceiving.

True he said the work day is a half day just posting up signs on the properties and so on..

Otherwise in comparison to other clubs if it's as god as t looks that's an amazing price for that amount of land.. Il keep ou guys posted on wha the outcome is

• 4 months later...