Putting up with Animal Rights Nuts

SteveMcD

I had some Animals Right Weenie leave a brochure under the windshield wiper of me SUV today. I am coming out of the woods at sunset, and I see this car stopped in the middle of the road and this D**KH**D hanging over my SUV. So I just make my way to the road and begin to walk towards my SUV still 100 yards away. This character is sta...nding there looking around like - is anybody watching me? Maybe I can screw something up on this car here. He sees me walking up the road jumps in his car and speeds past me. The idiot has to drive past me! So I got the make and model of his car and partial plate. I will pay a visit to the local sheriff tomorrow. He leaves a home made leaflet on my car that says there should be no hunting, animals have feelings and shouldn't be eaten, etc., etc., no name, no organization. Clearly a home made leaflet. I have a feeling it's one of the liberal tree hangers that has moved up from the city and probably lives close by. It worries me, what he might have done if he hadn't seen me coming.

Last year, the 'animal nutjobs' showed up opening day by Peekamoose / West Shokan..

Had pots/pans, dogs running though the woods, whole shebang..

Hunters in the area called state police & they rounded then up & started writing summonses..

we were over the mountain top, didn't hear anything. Only found out from another hunter waiting for his partner still in the woods..

Yes, that's not far from me. I am in Rhinebeck. I am afraid between the Rhinebeck-Woodstock Mid Hudson Area the demographics has changed so much. I view the area as "San Francisco East". All the Flakes and Nutjobs from the city moving up to experience, Zen, Yoga, Green Tea...  Warm Water Enema's and whatever other whacked out non-sense turns them on. They love the area but detest the local lifestyle so much they will go great lengths to change it. I have property further upstate and can hardly wait to retire and move there.

Give the Police the license plate number, a description of the guy and the leaflet he left on your car and get a copy of the report.  That should be enough to let the guy know he's being watched now and if anything happens, he's the prime suspect.  Hopefully that will keep him out of the woods, at least in your area.

I know I will get blasted for this, but just remember, those nutjobs are no different than the guy jacking deer or poaching.  They are only a small percentage of the group they represent.  Living close to Ithaca, I know a lot of people who respect my right to hunt, but don't eat meat.  When I meet the occasional nutjob, I ask them "If you support the rights of all animals, what gives you the right to de-worm your dog?  Don't the worms have the same right to life as your dog, or do you get to play God and decide what animals get to live?  Do you allow mice, ants and cockroaches to share your home?"

When I meet the occasional nutjob, I ask them "If you support the rights of all animals, what gives you the right to de-worm your dog?  Don't the worms have the same right to life as your dog, or do you get to play God and decide what animals get to live?  Do you allow mice, ants and cockroaches to share your home?"

Great idea  8) 8)  "Fire ants are living creatures with feelings too!"

I know I will get blasted for this, but just remember, those nutjobs are no different than the guy jacking deer or poaching. They are only a small percentage of the group they represent.

Right on. There are fanatics that go too far in any group of people. The few that are too fanatical or step over the line to do something illegal give a bad name to the general population.

Some of my 'yoga, zen, green tea' friends actually support my hunting a great deal, preferring the ethics of wild game to  poorly treated mass-farmed meats.

I could be considered a hippie, green-tea type of person myself by some actually..!

Yeah anyone who does not support deer hunting in NY state must be ill-informed-these things are overpopulated! in my area they contribute to a plethora of overbrowsing and car accidents. Anyone interested in ethically eating meat should recognize deer hunting as a beneficial, humane, zero-carbon footprint, completely organic method of being a carnivore. Most of my vegetarian friends support hunting overpopulated animals for meat as well, because they are also biology majors as well. As for the fact that animals feel pain, so do plants--it is proven. So does bacteria I guess, the question is just where do you draw the line. Every living organism feels pain