Zone 7M Deer info?

Bone Seeker

Hello,  Im a bowhunter with my first Lease in NY this year. Does anybody hunt this zone in the Sangerfield area. Its zone 7M but on the bottom of Oneida county. Any hunters with any  words of wisdom hunting these NY Bucks.  Thanks

You certainly chose a great place to hunt.  Good deer populations in that area.  I highly recommend some trail cam scouting in September.

How many acres did you lease?  Also, get to know your neighbors!!!

Depending on where you hunt you can have some THICK swamp or big hills with deep ravines.  I drive to work every day through Sangerfield on Route 12 and am always dodging deer in the road.  A lot of good bucks there too, my hour long commute to work is more like an hour and a half some days because I pull over to check out the bucks. 

like RangerClay said, trail cameras will help a lot to pattern the deer as there are some big thick woods.  A nice foodplot will work wonders too in drawing them out of the thick cover.  Good luck and hope to see some good trail cam pics and a kill or two!

• 6 years later...