Perhaps not the best timing …,

moog5050

9 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Cool looking dog. What kind of breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The beloved St Bernard or alpine mastiff.  It was a compromise with kids between cute and huge.    I have my eye on an English mastiff too but the breeder is a ways out from any litters.  

• Like 3

Great looking pup congratulations!

I too am all about the giant breeds. After losing our lab back in 2020 we are about ready to get another dog. My wife is stuck on a St. Berdoodle. Mix of St Bernard and a full sized poodle. Cute buggers and they go 100+ pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What a cute lil fuzzball.  Congrats..

Had a St. Bernard when I was growing up. His name was moose.  Should have changed it to Cujo(well before the movie) when he got older. Mean old prick. Wouldn't let anyone or anything near any of us.  

13 hours ago, grampy said:

What a great addition to the family! He found the perfect home. Lot's of love going back and forth there. Dante is a great name for the cute little feller. Do you still have Kiki?

Yes Kiki is around but like a therapy dog for my sister.    Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowin said:

What a cute lil fuzzball.  Congrats..

Had a St. Bernard when I was growing up. His name was moose.  Should have changed it to Cujo(well before the movie) when he got older. Mean old prick. Wouldn't let anyone or anything near any of us.  

That’s encouraging.   Haha.   Most reports are good about how sweet the breed is.  

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

That’s encouraging.   Haha.   Most reports are good about how sweet the breed is.  

My brother and his wife have had a few more over the yrs. All were gentle giants.  

Moose was a great dog, but very protective. 

My brother had just gotten home one late one night and parked his Harley in the garage.  A few minutes later Moose started staring at the door leading to the garage. Dan heard the garage door opening slowly. He opened the door and moose was on that guy like flies on stink.  Took all he could do to get moose off the guy. Guy sued, but lost.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mowin said:

My brother and his wife have had a few more over the yrs. All were gentle giants.  

Moose was a great dog, but very protective. 

My brother had just gotten home one late one night and parked his Harley in the garage.  A few minutes later Moose started staring at the door leading to the garage. Dan heard the garage door opening slowly. He opened the door and moose was on that guy like flies on stink.  Took all he could do to get moose off the guy. Guy sued, but lost.  

Should've let Moose chew on the scumbag a little longer!!!

• Like 1