Trail Cam recommendations Some one scratched my trunk in drive way now im putting up cam

phantom

Trail Cam recommendations Some one scratched my trunk in my drive way now im putting up cam 

I need something that admits its own Wi-Fi signal or Bluetooth signal i dont want to.have to  Physically remove the SD card out of it 

The Wi-Fi single from my house will not reach hat far so it needs to have its own Wi-Fi signal or Bluetooth signal that i can pick up on phone .

I have a pretty good idea what happened but you know no proof so can't say nothing unless they  Confess

Got these little kids riding bikes around my driveway  Probably one of them crashed into my truck I think that's what happened I always see them around parents let them play in the street  Sometimes they come in to my driveway I see  I never said anything before  but you know now I'm thinking I should. But not sure . I don't want to come off as the angry old man  you know.  Could be vandalism too but I doubt it .

20221021_231026.jpg

1 hour ago, Kmartinson said:

Cell cams need a cellular signal. Otherwise you may need to hardwire a security camera.

Do they make like something with Bluetooth that you know when you're within 20' of it or something you can get the signal to your phone?

My wifi in the houses dont  Reach  knoe  that for a fact because i have other wifu  cams ouside  Was thinking maybe they make a trail Cam that has its own Wi-Fi signal or Bluetooth signal or something  So I don't have to pull the card out to look .

Edited by phantom

17 minutes ago, mowin said:

If you get a cell signal or can make a phone call where the truck is, a cell cam will work. Sends pic to your phone.  I have tactacams. Pic is sent to my phone in seconds. 

Thanks,  want to try this one out has built in  wifi  Version  who knows it may reach  inside  part of  my house,   my home wifi does not because the router is at the other end of the house it drops 10 15  feet outside  my bedroom which is   Closest to the driveway  the built in wifi from the cam may reach inside to my bedroom at least i think going to try it out .  All the cell cameras you gotta have the monthly  plan which I really don't want a plan for these cams.

image.thumb.png.ae306b39f8948878c7f98d5fe04dfd6e.png

3 hours ago, mowin said:

After you catch the offenders, you can drop the data plan and use it as a regular cam buy pulling the SD card.  I only activate my cams data from September through December. 

I'm guessing   Cellular ones have Wi-Fi Built-in to probably  that works wirless to the app close range once u stop cell service 

9 minutes ago, mowin said:

The ones I have don't send over wifi. 

Ok like they keep on coming out with new tech every few weeks seems like now hard to keep track the one trail cam i have u got to pull the sd card out and have a  Computer i need a upgrade.  That one Most be 7 years old or more.

Edited by phantom

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Ok like they keep on coming out with new tech every few weeks seems like now hard to keep track the one trail cam i have u got to pull the sd card out and have a  Computer i need a upgrade.  That one Most be 7 years old or more.

I've got several of those also.  I use those in areas I don't mind walking in to.  I use the cell cams in spots I don't want to disturb or a much farther walk.  

As mentioned, I only have the cellular feature active from September till end of December. I've got 5 of them, and don't want to spend $60 a month on the off season. I can still use them during the off season like a standard trail cam by swapping out the SD cards. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mowin said:

I've got several of those also.  I use those in areas I don't mind walking in to.  I use the cell cams in spots I don't want to disturb or a much farther walk.  

As mentioned, I only have the cellular feature active from September till end of December. I've got 5 of them, and don't want to spend $60 a month on the off season. I can still use them during the off season like a standard trail cam by swapping out the SD cards. 

Seriously full  service with cell cams is $60 a month   Didn't realize it was that high

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seriously full  service with cell cams is $60 a month   Didn't realize it was that high

That's for 5 cams with unlimited pics.  I have 4 tactacams and 1 stealth cam.  Tactacam is $13 a month unlimited pics and additional cams are $12 a month, which comes to $49/month.  Stealth cam is $10/unlimited. 

Wait … do u have a cell phone ? If so but a SPYPOINT Link Micro , it’s a cellular camera and will send pics right to your phone. Cam will cost 99.00 or less depending where u buy .

You don’t need to pay anything for a plan etc …

You get 100 pics a month free

I have 4 out right now . After buying the cam and downloading the app on your phone you’re in business 

You do have to buy a micro sd card…

Thats it !

12 hours ago, luberhill said:

Wait … do u have a cell phone ? If so but a SPYPOINT Link Micro , it’s a cellular camera and will send pics right to your phone. Cam will cost 99.00 or less depending where u buy .

You don’t need to pay anything for a plan etc …

You get 100 pics a month free

I have 4 out right now . After buying the cam and downloading the app on your phone you’re in business 

You do have to buy a micro sd card…

Thats it !

How does it send the information? Blue teeth?

1 hour ago, Kmartinson said:

How does it send the information? Blue teeth?

No it’s like a built in cell phone in the camera, there’s a SIM card just like your phone

so it’s no different than you texting me a pic from your phone to my phone .

Now you do have to be in an area that has cell service but when you turn the camera on after setting everything up , if you get a solid green lite you are good to go.

If your cell ph works in the area u are putting the camera you shouldn’t have any issues