ATV Ride, Delaware County NY, June 1st

Greetings HuntingNY...Long time lurker, short time member here.

I'm involved with hosting an ATV ride on my hunting club property. We all know how finding good, legal public riding areas is pretty much a bust here in NY. Who know's if we'll ever see public trails. Well last year we opened up a very large tract of private land to the ATV community for a spring ride and a fall ride. It's approximately 20-25 miles of awesome riding on some very scenic trails. Elevation changes, climbs, descents, mud, tight technical sections, open trials all marked and one direction for safety.  

We open the gates around 3pm on Saturday, May 31st for on-site, dry camping. We have a very large field where we can accomodate everything froms tents to class A motorhomes. Porta-johns on site, pack out your own trash and generators are ok. No hook-ups. Firewood avail on site for free. We'll have some cut and split or bring your own tools to hook yourself up.

We have a cookshack and pavilion on site for food purchases. Burgers, dogs and beverages for lunch/dinner and egg sandwiches and coffee for the morning.

Riding starts Sunday morning and goes all day. We've been called a mini Hatfield & McCoy if anyone's ever been there. The trails are in pristine condition and offer so much great riding for the atv enthusiast.

We are trying to appeal to the "family" atv'er. The outdoor enthusiast that will respect the land, the owner and the club. No yahoo's, speed racers or attitudes.

It's $30 to ride for the day. $10 extra per car or group to camp if you come in early on Saturday. Bring the family and it's only $50 for the whole family.(mom, dad, kids under 18)

It's called the "Tar Hollow ATV Ride"

Look for us on Facebook under that name.

Thanks everyone, happy hunting and atving!

• 5 weeks later...

Use 325 Tar Hollow Rd, Hancock, NY for the GPS. Then look for orange and black arrows to direct you onto the property and to the parking/camping field.

Please respect the property and gracious owner. This property is being offered to the ATV community by a very gracious owner and ATV enthusiast. It is only open to riders on this weekend. Other wise it is posted, patrolled vigorously and has video surveillance in use. Thank you. 

• 4 weeks later...

This looks so cool. I am on the other side of Delaware county and would love to attend. Unfortunately, I have a few other commitments downstate that weekend. Do you have a website or mailing list for future rides?

Also curious... I understand the insurance requirement (my ATVs are both registered and insured). However, I don't think you can get insurance if your ATV is not registered. My company asks for proof of registration when the policy is renewed.

edit - DUH! You did mention Facebook and I just found you there. Thanks.

Edited by jrm

I'm pretty sure you can insure without registering them. Progressive doesn't require it I know that.

Interesting. I have progressive too. Must be something my agent requires. I will have to ask about that. Thanks.

This looks so cool. I am on the other side of Delaware county and would love to attend. Unfortunately, I have a few other commitments downstate that weekend. Do you have a website or mailing list for future rides?

Also curious... I understand the insurance requirement (my ATVs are both registered and insured). However, I don't think you can get insurance if your ATV is not registered. My company asks for proof of registration when the policy is renewed.

edit - DUH! You did mention Facebook and I just found you there. Thanks.

You can get insurance without registration. Mine is insured through Geico.