New rifle

REDNECK4LIFE32

Well been thinking about it for a while going to runnings and dicks sporting goods. Not finding what I wanted. So went to 3 different places today. Nothing caught my eye at first 2 places. Was looking for a rifle scope combo. Was looking at several different calibers. Finally found rifle I wanted in caliber but they couldn't get the rails to put a scope on it. Finally he reaches down and comes up with a savage axis II 7mm08.  Camo synthetic stock light. 20 inch barrel. Caliber I was looking at. Put a buck masters sig Sauer 3x9x40 scope on it and boresighted. 4 shots I was with in a baseball at 50 yards. Got it set where I wanted it. I'm happy was looking at the Mossberg Patriot but they didn't have a caliber I was looking for. Now I'm going to try a few different ammo brands to see what she likes best. Also got a buddy who said he's got the stuff to reload also. Finally found 3006 ammo too. I love the feel of the rifle. Firing don't even feel the recoil. I'm happy.

IMG_20221025_144259283.jpg

• Like 12

I never owned a Mossberg Patriot, but my buddy from Ontario has one in 30-06...I have been beside him when he  killed 4 deer with 4 shots...Not necessarily close range shots either..The closest was about 100 yards and the farthest was about 275, all from my tower blind..

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I never owned a Mossberg Patriot, but my buddy from Ontario has one in 30-06...I have been beside him when he  killed 4 deer with 4 shots...Not necessarily close range shots either..The closest was about 100 yards and the farthest was about 275, all from my tower blind..

Unfortunately most of my shots are 100 at most so there will no be reaching out,honestly it's overkill for the property I hunt.will make sure I'm sitting higher up,that's for sure!

6 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Unfortunately most of my shots are 100 at most so there will no be reaching out,honestly it's overkill for the property I hunt.will make sure I'm sitting higher up,that's for sure!

Kills just as well at 50 yards as it does at 350 yards...With recoil closer to a .243 than a 30-06....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

@REDNECK4LIFE32 hopefully this gun goes off this year when you come down to hunt:mosking: 

Nice gun I know you’ve been looking for a long time. 

Love it man we have a beautiful buck cause of that jamming situation. This year hopefully we can double up. Yes was back and forth with buying one. Finally decided to pull trigger today.