Goose Morning

sodfather

5 minutes ago, virgil said:

From the pictures, i see shells and silhouettes.  Do you use full bodies also?  Big spread or small?

I switched to all silos, I went out so many times with guys that cleaned up with them and they are so easy to deal with. You can put 7 dozen out in just a few minutes and pick em up the same. Being on the x is key and later in the season bigger the spread usually. Just copy what you see. 

11 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

I switched to all silos, I went out so many times with guys that cleaned up with them and they are so easy to deal with. You can put 7 dozen out in just a few minutes and pick em up the same. Being on the x is key and later in the season bigger the spread usually. Just copy what you see. 

That's exactly why i was asking.  My buddies and i picked up a few dozen silhouettes for this season.  Haven't used them yet.  Looking forward to adding them to the rig.  Carrying and transporting bags of full bodies is a pain in the ass.  And, the one-bird limit definitely takes away a lot of the incentive.  

• Like 1

We were supposed to do a goose/duck weekend this past weekend.  But, the guys in my group bailed out due to the one-bird limit.  I went up and had a good bow hunting weekend with a phenomenal wood duck shoot Monday morning before heading home.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, virgil said:

That's exactly why i was asking.  My buddies and i picked up a few dozen silhouettes for this season.  Haven't used them yet.  Looking forward to adding them to the rig.  Carrying and transporting bags of full bodies is a pain in the ass.  And, the one-bird limit definitely takes away a lot of the incentive.  

I'll take the single if they want to play durring duck days, but we don't even set up for them after September in ny anymore unless we are following some bands around.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

One big negative to silos is getting them in the frozen ground. If I’m hunting cut corn I can just push in to the top but if not, it’s a problem 

The dive bombs seem pretty strong but not hunting much in late season,  3 hours of work for 1 greasy goose. Still have a 6 pack of floaters for confidence dekes. In late duck season. We manage to get a few on water. Southern zone is 5 birds late season but hour drive for me. My lease down there has been quiet for last couple winters.

1 hour ago, virgil said:

From the pictures, i see shells and silhouettes.  Do you use full bodies also?  Big spread or small?

Used about 30 silhouettes and a dozen full bodies and 1/2 dozen sleeper shells. It was a Lay up hunt birds were hitting this field pretty hard so that means it was a ton of fun . 

• Like 4