Anyone hearin em yet???

sits in trees

They've been on and off here.

I'm hearing a few sporadic gobbles durring my warm, sunny, mid day hikes, but cold mornings have been silent.

I'll be trying to get a few photos soon as they get a little more patternable.

I checked some cams sunday and was surprised to get a picture with 3 longbeards strutting in one of my fields. I haven't been ambitious enough to take a walk in the morning to see if they are out there hammering away in the morning.

I saw a bit of scratching the other day when I went up the hill, but haven't heard anything yet. Of course we aren't exactly a hotbed of turkey population where I am. Should go out in the evening and try a few owl hoots and see what happens.

Only spotted one small flock with 3 toms strutting a week ago near Harriman State park.  Haven't seen them since.

Probably will get report from my wife later that the others are hanging out by the synagogue and pre-school playground again this year.  She only is at the pre-school part time this year, so haven' heard much lately.

Hope to check a few places this weekend.

Went to camp this morning before daylight to listen. Between 5:53-6:03, I counted 48 gobbles!! In 10 freekin' minutes!! They were fired up!! Don't know how many different gobblers were in there, as all the gobbling seemed to be coming from a very small area (~75yards) about 150-200 yards behind the cabin. They gobbled until 6:25. I had to head home at 6:40, so I don't know if they continued late morning or not. Youth season is 2 weeks away!

• Like 1

Got to camp and went into the back heard a number of birds couldn't see them and could get any closer because of the property lines
went on a long hike through the state land today heard a single gobble. It was enough to get me pumped for May 1st