How does this picture make you feel?

Five Seasons

Makes me feel bad for the guy or gal who shot the little one on the left side. Other then that...must have been a fun time.

I think that one was shot by the little guy. See how he is trying to cover up the antler area with his arm .... :pardon:

Makes me think I'm doing it all wrong Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LOL - it was the formal clothes - deer don't think you are hunting when you dress like that.  The camo always tips them off.

I am going to try a suit and tie this season.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 6

Makes me wish I could fondle those long barreled Winchesters those dudes are posing with.

They both look like they have 28 or 30 inch barrels.

They may even be chambered for some cool older cartridges like .38-55 or .25-35or .33 Winchester.....

Edited by Pygmy

LOL - it was the formal clothes - deer don't think you are hunting when you dress like that.  The camo always tips them off.

I think this is a great challenge.

I have gone after and before work in work attire. I do atleast put a camo fleece on, let me tell you dress pants do not hold in the heat or slow down thorns at all.

• Like 1

The coyote picture doesn't especially bother me, one way or the other.

But to this day, I still have trouble killing anything I don't plan to eat or wear. Yes, I know it's necessary, especially in areas where they're overabundant. I just leave that kind of killing to someone else. Most of the areas I hunt locally don't have many coyotes (yet).

Edited by Uncle Nicky

When I was a kid (8.) there was one old timer that hunted with our group. He used to set a small radio up on a stump and play it low all day. He swore it attracted the deer out of curiosity. I don't know why but he seemed to shoot deer every year. I do know a lot of deer were shot with guys just wearing blue jeans and now they say that blue is a color not to wear because of the deer's' eyesight. I don't think they minded gray, green or red plaid either...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

If legal, OK by me, but keep the pictures private amongst the group responsible. Don't post this stuff. Spreading this stuff around gives hunters/hunting a bad name. 

Yup...pictures of this nature are like Speedos. Just because you can post it doesn't mean you should. Just because you can squeeze into it doesn't mean you should. :fie:

If legal, OK by me, but keep the pictures private amongst the group responsible. Don't post this stuff. Spreading this stuff around gives hunters/hunting a bad name. [/quote

I find hunters criticize each other more than others.

Picture does not bother me

Yup...pictures of this nature are like Speedos. Just because you can post it doesn't mean you should. Just because you can squeeze into it doesn't mean you should. :fie:

Oh come on, Culver...Wouldn't you like to see Doewhacker and Steve 863 in thier speedos..??.... NOT !!!!

I'd have to claw my EYEBALLS out !!

Doesnt make me feel anything except those guys did a good job.

Hows this one strike you?

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/mn_buck_pole.png

those deer are hung and not piled up, which insinuates they're going to be butchered. Yes at some point they'll be on the ground and if you take a picture of that it'd look a lot worse. Those yotes might be dumped or they might be skinned. it's the time in the process that the pic was taken that sends the wrong message.

the pic you posted is a 2 hunters posing nicely next to some deer with no visible disrespect for the deer.

those deer are hung and not piled up, which insinuates they're going to be butchered. Yes at some point they'll be on the ground and if you take a picture of that it'd look a lot worse. Those yotes might be dumped or they might be skinned. it's the time in the process that the pic was taken that sends the wrong message.

Could have been worse. It could have been a picture of a pile of skinned coyote carcasses.....lol. Now that would be gross. I have seen a pile of skinned muskrats, possums, coons and foxes. It wasn't fun to look at, but that's all part of the process. Still probably no real good reason to take pictures and post on the internet.

• Like 1

the pic you posted is a 2 hunters posing nicely next to some deer with no visible disrespect for the deer.

piled up like they are it would look very much like the end of  an opening day at the local butcher shop.

• Like 1

piled up like they are it would look very much like the end of  an opening day at the local butcher shop.

totally agree. the aregument is with the decision to not only take a picture, but to post it for the world to criticize. I took a picture of smiths packing during deer season with deer piled. I sent it to a few hunting buddies that would not be offended.

• Like 2

totally agree. the aregument is with the decision to not only take a picture, but to post it for the world to criticize. I took a picture of smiths packing during deer season with deer piled. I sent it to a few hunting buddies that would not be offended.

That's the way hunting used to be, before we all hopped online to pick each other apart.

• Like 1

Sounds like alot of ASSuming going on with you lately....

My friend had a game camera on a Coyote den last spring in PA. The mother dragged 9 fawns down the hole to feed them over the course of the spring. None are left to make the truck pile. 

I have heard the camera at the den story dozens if not hundreds of times.

Every time I hear it, I ask to see a picture.

Not once has produced even one.

Got any?

• Like 2

What would "visible disrespect" of a deer be?

I'm betting a deer I just shot threw the heart, cut open his chest, pulled out his guts and left them on the ground, and then dragged him 400 yard threw the woods feels like I am respecting him.

I have heard the camera at the den story dozens if not hundreds of times.

Every time I hear it, I ask to see a picture.

Not once has produced even one.

Got any?

I'm with Steve on this one...I hear this story every year, but the only picture I have ever seen of a 'yote with a fawn  was on this forum with a coyote carrying a fawn across a beaver dam.

I have no doubt that coyotes eat fawns when the opportunity arises, but if all those pictures of them carrying fawns into dens exist, it seems like someone would have posted one...Or two...Or a dozen...