NYS gun laws in action

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I understand most users have left this forum, but seems ATF just changed directions and now all braces or even ar15 pistols are outlawed by May 2023

Maybe @Nomad will chime back in and advise who or what it impacts..

I know a lot of that stuff is still being challenged in the courts. Not 100% on which ones but there are a number of them. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I understand most users have left this forum, but seems ATF just changed directions and now all braces or even ar15 pistols are outlawed by May 2023

Maybe @Nomad will chime back in and advise who or what it impacts..

I don't understand the term "users" in this context. ATF has not changed directions, it is still enacting their own brand of federal, unconstitutional gun grabbing, without benefit of elected representatives, as they always have been. Perhaps some are actually awakening to it.

Robby

2 hours ago, Robby said:

I don't understand the term "users" in this context. ATF has not changed directions, it is still enacting their own brand of federal, unconstitutional gun grabbing, without benefit of elected representatives, as they always have been. Perhaps some are actually awakening to it.

Robby

Sorry, used the wrong term, meant to say forum members who left for a diff one.

Latest publication of ATF say pistol braces are no longer legal 

Edited by suburbanfarmer

Nope, not an executive order.  This was a rule change from the BATFE.  Lawsuits are already being filed.

This is what happens when Congress delegates law making power to federal agencies run by unelected bureaucrats that are not accountable to voters.  They can violate civil rights with impunity because they cannot be voted out of office.

Al we can do is vote against the POTUS that won't stop them from violating civil rights.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Nope, not an executive order.  This was a rule change from the BATFE.  Lawsuits are already being filed.

This is what happens when Congress delegates law making power to federal agencies run by unelected bureaucrats that are not accountable to voters.  They can violate civil rights with impunity because they cannot be voted out of office.

Al we can do is vote against the POTUS that won't stop them from violating civil rights.

That is certainly worse.  This is/was basically the same as NYS pistol licensing agencies adding their own restrictions on top of the written law.  You can and will be arrested for breaking a rule (not law) and then are at the mercy of the courts and if the prosecutor/judge/jury are judicial activists or judicial restrainists.