Mixed Bag Day

OldBrian

Enjoyed the video Brian, as the old saying goes variety is the spice of life especially when it comes to hunting. That gully you were standing over with the creek running through looks like great habitat for Grouse and Woodcock. I have had some pretty fair days putting out game walking creeks such as that.

Al

• Like 1

Airedale - Grouse at one time were very common here but the past 5 years or so they are very scarce.

Split Ear - Hat is a vintage wool hat I bought for one buck at a yard sale. Inside label says Country Gentleman

Let em Grow - Thank you for subscribing. I appreciate it. Even though subscribing is free it is hard to get subscribers. Thank You.

Blackbelt Bill - Thank You very much.

Hope to publish a few more Hunting Camp videos soon. Maybe even one with some game getting harvested!

Take care, Thank You and Keep on Truckin!

brian

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OldBrian said:

Airedale - Grouse at one time were very common here but the past 5 years or so they are very scarce.

Split Ear - Hat is a vintage wool hat I bought for one buck at a yard sale. Inside label says Country Gentleman

Let em Grow - Thank you for subscribing. I appreciate it. Even though subscribing is free it is hard to get subscribers. Thank You.

Blackbelt Bill - Thank You very much.

Hope to publish a few more Hunting Camp videos soon. Maybe even one with some game getting harvested!

Take care, Thank You and Keep on Truckin!

brian

So question , how long will you keep the hunting camp open ?

Do you stay there when snow flies ?

luberhill,

Not sure yet. I'm retired so I am very flexible. The tent will handle snow and I have a larger wood stove for the colder weather. I think the forecast for next week should be fine. I have access to a nearby cabin if it got real bad but I would like to pull the tent camp before I can't drive back close to get everything out. I'm alone and over 65 so I need to keep that in mind. Also I'm in a area that gets heavy lake effect so I will keep a eye on the weather as it can change very quickly and if I do not get the camp out, it may be there all Winter. I came back home for a day or so to take care of some things but I will be back at tent camp soon. Hopefully the hunting picks up. 

3 minutes ago, OldBrian said:

luberhill,

Not sure yet. I'm retired so I am very flexible. The tent will handle snow and I have a larger wood stove for the colder weather. I think the forecast for next week should be fine. I have access to a nearby cabin if it got real bad but I would like to pull the tent camp before I can't drive back close to get everything out. I'm alone and over 65 so I need to keep that in mind. Also I'm in a area that gets heavy lake effect so I will keep a eye on the weather as it can change very quickly and if I do not get the camp out, it may be there all Winter. I came back home for a day or so to take care of some things but I will be back at tent camp soon. Hopefully the hunting picks up. 

Ahh makes sense…

Are you near the fingerlakes ? That’s where I am and we get lots of snow too.